Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 04:49 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
I don't know any brokers in my market who provide lockboxes. They are a cost of doing business and each agent is responsible for their own.
It is one reason we are s.l.o.w. to innovate here. Large firms take a big split and provide signs and lockboxes. So, they have to invest in new lockboxes when a change is made. $$$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Ohhhh....a feeding frenzy! LOL....totally didn't see that coming. Do you guys list lower than market to develop bidding wars or does it just happen that way sometimes?
Our market is still ascending in many areas, and way low on inventory.
So, we don't have to price low to get interest. We only have to price rationally and present well.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:26 PM

153 posts, read 194,730 times
Just because the TMLS is pushing them doesn't mean agents or firms are going to use them. We still have some agents using rotary combo locks, some of them so old, you can not even read half the letters. I just noticed as well that all mention of sentrilocks have been removed from the RRAR and TMLS websites. It was the top story on both the other day when they had the tech fair. Something tells me they have not gotten the response they wanted.

Last edited by -SeanWalker-; 10-31-2015 at 09:38 PM..

Old 10-31-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SeanWalker- View Post
Just because the TMLS is pushing them doesn't mean agents or firms are going to use them. We still have some agents using rotary combo locks, some of them so old, you can not even read half the letters. I just noticed as well that all mention of sentrilocks have been removed from the RRAR and TMLS websites. It was the top story on both the other day when they had the tech fair. Something tells me they have not gotten the response they wanted.
The SentriLock message is still on the TMLS site, top center. You have to log in, maybe?

Agents who use and promote SentriLock in their listing presentations will have an advantage over agents who don't.
It will be very easy for sellers to infer agents who stay mired in the past don't have their clients' security interests properly prioritized.

I will switch over immediately.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:26 AM

153 posts, read 194,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
The SentriLock message is still on the TMLS site, top center. You have to log in, maybe?

Agents who use and promote SentriLock in their listing presentations will have an advantage over agents who don't.
It will be very easy for sellers to infer agents who stay mired in the past don't have their clients' security interests properly prioritized.

I will switch over immediately.
You are right, you do need to login it to see it. My bad. I work at one of those big firms that buy lock boxes for us to use, so I will use whatever they choose to use for now.If I were to guess, they will want to use these, we are big into the latest tech, whatever it is.. I have not been in the business long enough to have a favorite, or have the money to invest in some expensive ones of my own.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:32 PM

89 posts, read 83,070 times
Whoever is on your local board, needs to seriously consider Supra Key Lockboxes. They are excellent. You get a notification via email of all showings. I can't believe there are jurisdictions that still use combo??

Old 11-01-2015, 12:39 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
Supra boxes are very good but they aren't perfect. The shackle doesn't fit all knobs and the lever type door handles won't allow you to secure the box to the door. Also, they sometimes won't fit between the door and the screen/storm door which causes the storm door to stay open which some people don't like.

We often just leave them on the front porch behind a column or pot, tucked out of view but that's not the most secure way of doing things and they are expensive.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:43 PM

89 posts, read 83,070 times
Actually you are right in that regard. A great deal of listings have the lock box hooked to a front step rail, or sprinkler valve. Sometimes it's a game to find the lock box because the listing agent is too lazy to write where they hid it in the listing haha.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:51 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_22 View Post
Actually you are right in that regard. A great deal of listings have the lock box hooked to a front step rail, or sprinkler valve. Sometimes it's a game to find the lock box because the listing agent is too lazy to write where they hid it in the listing haha.
LOL....I really love the ones that are attached to the hose bib on the side of the house during our rainy season. So, you want me to walk thru the wet grass and mud before entering your listing? Well....OK...

Old 11-01-2015, 01:32 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
LOL....I really love the ones that are attached to the hose bib on the side of the house during our rainy season. So, you want me to walk thru the wet grass and mud before entering your listing? Well....OK...
That happened to me yesterday after a 3 inch rain. Open the door to a vacant home with brand new carpet.

Many agents would never have removed their shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals