Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 08:40 PM

8 posts, read 5,933 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I'm one of those dang new guys. Don't worry, I read the TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 09:37 PM

92 posts, read 116,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Ok, Ok.. I have to admit just for kicks I went to all the TX forums and read all the posts from the Agents who've joined since Jan 2.

Many were old threads resurrected. I wanted to make snide comments but held my fingers.

They come, they go.
I posted in one of them, I didn't post in an old thread though - but you and I actually know each other! I got your happy hour invite earlier this week and need to rsvp.

I had no idea this board was out here. I love this stuff. I am on several. I just like people and am fascinated by how people think.

I will be here a while I think.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:20 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDocWife View Post
I posted in one of them, I didn't post in an old thread though - but you and I actually know each other! I got your happy hour invite earlier this week and need to rsvp.
Sorry but no happy hour invite from my end. Was that a Builder event?

Welcome to CD. One of the Rookie mistakes made here is that agents overwhelm visitors with way too much syrupy information. I was reading the Austin Forum where they were criticizing a new agent for having ulterior motives. She was obviously trolling for clients which weakened the advice she was giving.

IMO, CD is really not a great spot to generate leads. It is a great place to participate and learn about differences in RE across the US from other agents.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:52 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,745,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
And yet City-Data makes it more than clear that they WANT old threads resurrected. Otherwise they would not have, at the bottom of every oldish and older thread:

I never have understood why some people get so worked up over it, myself.
In my case, the only time I don't like old thread resurrection is when someone (usually a new person) offers their opinion to a person who is long gone about a subject that is completely moot. It just ends up being an exercise in futility and a waste of time. Updating information about builders, communities, etc., on the other hand, is great.

I really enjoy C-D. I contribute here and there but I read much more and have learned a great deal from the folks who post here. The more people who participate, the better, and we were all first time posters at one time. As has been mentioned, the weasels will be sorted out or "corrected."

https://youtu.be/CIMtJo88NCM

Old 01-05-2016, 07:04 AM

211 posts, read 451,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeymaker View Post
Yeah, I'm one of those dang new guys. Don't worry, I read the TOS.
Welcome TheKeyMaker! I hope you enjoy it here and learn a lot and help others learn.

Frankly I love C-D for the drama. I love reading the family and non-romantic threads. I also love the architecture, and garden sections.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:46 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,814,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
In my case, the only time I don't like old thread resurrection is when someone (usually a new person) offers their opinion to a person who is long gone about a subject that is completely moot. It just ends up being an exercise in futility and a waste of time. Updating information about builders, communities, etc., on the other hand, is great.
I hate when people actually respond to the posted from 2007, like that person is still thinking about areas and still has the same mortgage questions.

I also find it interesting that as this thread continues to get longer and longer, a couple of the new agents have already changed their names to possibly get a new start from their first few posts...

Old 01-05-2016, 08:10 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,030,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
I never have understood why some people get so worked up over it, myself.
I get peeved when this happens because typically the thread is incredibly old in the person responding is speaking to the original poster as if they had just started the thread yesterday. So then 10 other people trying and trying to answer the original posters question as well when they have left the site likely years ago. Also, 9 out of 10 times when this happens it's an incredibly self serving and a blatantly solicitation type post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
I also find it interesting that as this thread continues to get longer and longer, a couple of the new agents have already changed their names to possibly get a new start from their first few posts...
We can change our screen name? I thought a mod had to do that.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post

We can change our screen name? I thought a mod had to do that.
You can change your own name. When I first created my profile many many years ago, I started in the negatives on points because the mods didn't like the names I was choosing and I had to keep changing it. Those negative points still show at the very top whenever I go into my page that shows the reputation posts.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:00 AM

211 posts, read 451,486 times
When I changed my name I had to have the mods help me. I used to have my actual name but I felt better having an alias.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:19 AM

Maybe rules have changed over the years. I haven't changed my name since my first week of joining. I've thought about it, but then thought no one would recognize my opinions under a different name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals