Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 03:27 PM

8,005 posts, read 7,213,314 times

Advertisements

Erick, if you're more comfortable in your native tongue, feel free to use it. Several of us are polyglots and between us can indulge most of the world's languages.

Old 03-04-2016, 03:31 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,365,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricknTownled View Post
It seems that real estate professionals are known to be flirty with the client in order to make a sale on a house.
Or they even tend to go as far as sleeping with a client in order to make that sale. Agents who are married tend to cheat on their spouses and the client vice versa if they are married. Agents have that perfect opportunity to flirt and cheat . Let's say the client goes with the agent to look at houses, it is the client and agent alone at the property. Obviously the agent will keep quiet about the flirting or cheating if they are with a client out. The agent and the client may not have their spouses to tag along so there is their perfect opportunity. Plus with texting and facebookjng on a smart phone agents can send lovey dovey messages and so can the client. So there is the proof.
How bad is the market where you live?

Old 03-04-2016, 03:41 PM

43,269 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
How bad is the market where you live?
It's so bad he can't get a date and is bitter....

Old 03-04-2016, 04:00 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,758,884 times
Quote:
Real estate agents are generally a very friendly bunch of people. Kinda hard to have a more serious persona and do well in real estate..
The agents that specialize in investment property are very serious people and would not attract clients by being laughing flirty people. I know, as I was one of them handling clients the way any investment adviser does, when you handle them for years, buying, exchanging, and selling for them on a regular basis. You are handling them often doing many millions of dollars for them over the years as you handle their account year in and year out. They want a very serious person, not some one to play with. I knew many of the best in the business, and they were all very serious people when they work. When a client working as an oil or electrical engineer in Malaysia wants to call their real estate investment adviser as an example and discuss buying and selling investment property, often adding to their portfolio after getting a big bonus, they want a very serious adviser, not someone who is trying to get by being super friendly. They may not see the property you buy for them, until they have owned it a year to two years. I never had a dissatisfied client when I bought for them sight unseen. Most often, it far exceeded their expectations.

A lot of people enter the real estate business as agents, thinking that their great personality is going to attract customers and make them a success. But fact is, 87% of the people that enter the real estate business fail out of the business, many of them never sell enough property to even pay their expenses in the business and quit when they run out of operating capital and need to get a job with a regular pay check.

I lasted from 1972 till I finally retired, and even after I retired I would be called on to help agents make deals especially multiple party 1031 running exchanges exchanges, and I would act as a principal and would usually end up making more profit as a principal than all the agents combined made in commission.

Saying that a great friendly personality is the key to being very successful in the real estate business, is not done by the real successful agents in this country. The real serious agents/brokers are the ones that are the bigger successes in the country. Those that try to make it go by having a great personality and even try to use sex, are not the ones that last in the business.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:18 PM

988 posts, read 1,739,636 times
Not sure what's more ridiculous: the idiot OP demanding that agents act in a racist manner steering their clients lest they be fired for, ya know, acting in an ethical and moral fashion; or that, in all my years practicing real estate, I apparently could have been getting tons of action on the side while showing places. Who knew!

Old 03-04-2016, 04:33 PM

16 posts, read 94,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniekosar19 View Post
Not sure what's more ridiculous: the idiot OP demanding that agents act in a racist manner steering their clients lest they be fired for, ya know, acting in an ethical and moral fashion; or that, in all my years practicing real estate, I apparently could have been getting tons of action on the side while showing places. Who knew!
I can't believe the idiots here on this forum who call themselves real estate agents with stupid comments they say. I just wonder how they got their real estate license and when someone tells them the truth they think they know it all. Well far from it. People have a right to choose and say if they dislike a certain type of people that they want to look for an area that is safe for them to live in yet these so called agents talk about that they can do best for their clients of where to buy property they just are money hungry for comission checks . But then again some these agents are brainless

Old 03-04-2016, 04:36 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Quote:
But then again some these agents are brainless
Apparently so are some of their clients.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
The agents that specialize in investment property are very serious people and would not attract clients by being laughing flirty people. I know, as I was one of them handling clients the way any investment adviser does, when you handle them for years, buying, exchanging, and selling for them on a regular basis. You are handling them often doing many millions of dollars for them over the years as you handle their account year in and year out. They want a very serious person, not some one to play with. I knew many of the best in the business, and they were all very serious people when they work. When a client working as an oil or electrical engineer in Malaysia wants to call their real estate investment adviser as an example and discuss buying and selling investment property, often adding to their portfolio after getting a big bonus, they want a very serious adviser, not someone who is trying to get by being super friendly. They may not see the property you buy for them, until they have owned it a year to two years. I never had a dissatisfied client when I bought for them sight unseen. Most often, it far exceeded their expectations.

A lot of people enter the real estate business as agents, thinking that their great personality is going to attract customers and make them a success. But fact is, 87% of the people that enter the real estate business fail out of the business, many of them never sell enough property to even pay their expenses in the business and quit when they run out of operating capital and need to get a job with a regular pay check.

I lasted from 1972 till I finally retired, and even after I retired I would be called on to help agents make deals especially multiple party 1031 running exchanges exchanges, and I would act as a principal and would usually end up making more profit as a principal than all the agents combined made in commission.

Saying that a great friendly personality is the key to being very successful in the real estate business, is not done by the real successful agents in this country. The real serious agents/brokers are the ones that are the bigger successes in the country. Those that try to make it go by having a great personality and even try to use sex, are not the ones that last in the business.
Are you sure you weren't flirty with a client? Because anyone can say that they weren't. What would you do if some client you found handsome wanted to have dinner with you or when you showed him property he got flirty with you?

And also you were just commission money hungry . Sounds more like a leech for blood

Old 03-04-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Apparently so are some of their clients.
No it's the agents who can't accept the fact that they are only commission money hungry and will divert into to something that is irrelevant like a criminal does when he tries to run from the law after they committed a crime

Old 03-04-2016, 04:44 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,661,878 times
Quote:
It seems that real estate professionals are known to be flirty with the client in order to make a sale on a house.
Or they even tend to go as far as sleeping with a client in order to make that sale. Agents who are married tend to cheat on their spouses and the client vice versa if they are married. Agents have that perfect opportunity to flirt and cheat . Let's say the client goes with the agent to look at houses, it is the client and agent alone at the property. Obviously the agent will keep quiet about the flirting or cheating if they are with a client out. The agent and the client may not have their spouses to tag along so there is their perfect opportunity. Plus with texting and facebookjng on a smart phone agents can send lovey dovey messages and so can the client. So there is the proof.
WTH? Flirty? As opposed to what? Hooters waitresses?
Go away, little troll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals