Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 11:22 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,353,101 times

Advertisements

One reminder as another poster suggest sending the website addresses to the state as an update. Sending the addresses is fine, but you need to go back into the sites and take screen shots, which will be dated, of every individual page and video. Consider downloading the videos and pictures as a back-up. It's pretty easy for people to remove posts from FaceBook. While they are not gone forever getting them again would involve some legal wrangling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 11:33 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,417,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
One reminder as another poster suggest sending the website addresses to the state as an update. Sending the addresses is fine, but you need to go back into the sites and take screen shots, which will be dated, of every individual page and video. Consider downloading the videos and pictures as a back-up. It's pretty easy for people to remove posts from FaceBook. While they are not gone forever getting them again would involve some legal wrangling.
Good point.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:37 AM

20 posts, read 27,310 times
Update: The squatters came Saturday with a moving truck and got their stuff! My husband supervised them the whole time, standing at the garage door with his 45 in the holster. The man brought 3 women, his wife, mom and sister to load the truck. One of the women approached my husband with some empty boxes and bags and asked if they could leave them, he responded "you brought it here you can take it with you."
When they had emptied the garage my husband handed them a broom and told them to sweep it out. Lol.
I thought it would be a somber task but they were all laughing and joking with each other. They attempted conversation but we had no reason to say anything to them. We're done with them and that part is over.
Now we are just waiting to here from the state regarding the complaint we filed.
Will update as this case progresses.
Have a great day!

Old 07-19-2016, 06:09 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,668,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill2016 View Post
Have a great day!
Thanks for the update -- I have to admit, this incident has got to be one of the strangest cases of malfeasance I've ever heard. I'll be curious to see how the cases progresses.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Update: The squatters came Saturday with a moving truck and got their stuff! ...
Thanks for the update. I'm still hoping that I get to read about this case in the legal update portion of our continuing education classes!

Old 07-20-2016, 06:36 AM

5,046 posts, read 9,626,106 times
Amazing.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:54 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Wow! What a nightmare! I hope you are close to putting this all behind you and finding a real buyer. I hope the realtor loses his license, at the very least. I guess it depends on the market, but I'm wondering why you didn't get out of this contract on Feb 29.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:40 AM

154 posts, read 260,007 times
I just read all 9 pages. Unbelievable! I commend you on your restraint, I doubt I would have been so patient. I really hope you keep going with the case, there should be some consequences for just a complete lack of ethics.

I hope you are close to finding a real buyer!

Old 12-29-2016, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 738 times
Wow! This story is almost unbelievable. I know my agents would never pull some hairbrained stunt like that. Has there been any outcome from reporting them? I seriously hope they have lost their licenses and are no longer selling real estate. I'm glad you have got out of that mess. Best of luck!

Old 12-29-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Update: The squatters came Saturday with a moving truck and got their stuff! My husband supervised them the whole time, standing at the garage door with his 45 in the holster. The man brought 3 women, his wife, mom and sister to load the truck. One of the women approached my husband with some empty boxes and bags and asked if they could leave them, he responded "you brought it here you can take it with you."
When they had emptied the garage my husband handed them a broom and told them to sweep it out. Lol.
I thought it would be a somber task but they were all laughing and joking with each other. They attempted conversation but we had no reason to say anything to them. We're done with them and that part is over.
Now we are just waiting to here from the state regarding the complaint we filed.
Have a great day!
Have you made any progress since July? Were you able to sell your house yet? Has the state moved forward with their investigation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals