Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 09:09 AM

8,575 posts, read 12,398,483 times

Advertisements

We've all heard stories about real estate agents swooping in like vultures when a property listing expires, but even I was surprised by a recent conversation I had with a property owner. The listing on her acreage parcel had recently expired and on the very first day she had over 30 agents call her in only two hours that morning. Many of the agents had no idea that the listing was for vacant land--and not for a single family residence--but that didn't stop them from trying to convince her that she should list the property with them as they would know how to best market the property. Of course, none of them did a thing while the property was listed...and the listing agent did nothing as well.

Prior to expiration, the listing agent had called to ask her to renew the listing, but she told me that that was the first time the listing agent had contacted her during the 12-month listing. "No thanks" was an easy response. No wonder real estate agents have such stellar reputations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 09:58 AM

43,269 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Default The Telemarketer!

Ignorant Greed.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrhFXYIWp24

Old 12-10-2017, 10:05 AM

This was a Really Fun Luau on FB's "Raise The Bar In Real Estate" last month.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rais...4337302659159/

Countless agents rationalized any dreadful behavior with hope that it may line their pockets, decent public be damned.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:35 AM

2,182 posts, read 1,627,452 times
How to be annoying? Be that one agent that is really loud at all office meetings that always has something to say, questions to ask through out the entire time even if you really don't have anything that add to what is being presented. The rest of us want to bop you in the head.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:57 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,299,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
How to be annoying? Be that one agent that is really loud at all office meetings that always has something to say, questions to ask through out the entire time even if you really don't have anything that add to what is being presented. The rest of us want to bop you in the head.
It's usually agents who aren't that busy but what to try to act as if they are.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:56 PM

8,575 posts, read 12,398,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

Countless agents rationalized any dreadful behavior with hope that it may line their pockets, decent public be damned.
It seems that you have a knack for riling some agents up. Good goin'.

Old 12-10-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
It seems that you have a knack for riling some agents up. Good goin'.
I believe it's a gift.

http://blog.chron.com/tubular/files/...4th-Street.gif

Old 12-10-2017, 06:18 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Man, you must be talking about the guy in our office who sits 1 cubicle down. Some of the questions he asks makes you want to .

He does fairly well but I'm surprised he's not gotten in trouble with his ignorance.

Then there's the agent you never ask "How's it going".

Old 12-10-2017, 09:59 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,015,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

I always felt that group should be called "Lower the Bar in Real Estate" and I'm glad I left it a long time ago. I absolutely applaud your efforts to bring some logic and some dignity to the folks there and I hope you reached at least one person. On a side note, does that Ellen post on CD? Aside from you, she seems to be the only one in that discussion with any ethics.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I always felt that group should be called "Lower the Bar in Real Estate" and I'm glad I left it a long time ago. I absolutely applaud your efforts to bring some logic and some dignity to the folks there and I hope you reached at least one person. On a side note, does that Ellen post on CD? Aside from you, she seems to be the only one in that discussion with any ethics.
Ellen has posted on CD.
I have met her, and she is imbued with a commendable level of intellectual and professional curiosity and integrity.

Hah!
I think FB RTB would be a GREAT place for consumers to visit to check in on how an agent may treat them, on their ethos and intellect, for indications of whether they are client-centric or agent-centric in business.
I very much like that it is open for the public to read, as is CD. The added value of FBRTB is the requirement for personal identity.
There is some breath-taking crap from agents posted there and I think it both cautionary and educational.
The routine and shameless display of unbridled greed and incompetence among many agent/members is one reason I am so harsh on agent crapola.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals