Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 07:18 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times

Advertisements

is the ? how to be annoying to other agents, or annoying to (potential) consumers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 07:20 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,504,737 times
I got a bit turned off by RTB when one of the admin basically said “REPOST” on a legit question about how long an agent should wait to receive a referral fee on a rental property. That admin provided a link to a 3 year old post that was about receiving a commission check on a SALES transaction. Dude seemed rather full of himself. I hate salespeople. LoL

Old 12-11-2017, 08:16 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,417,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
is the ? how to be annoying to other agents, or annoying to (potential) consumers?
The title of the thread wasn't so much a question as it was a statement. My example just seemed to show how agents, in their unbridled quest for a commission, can be annoying to property owners. I'm sure that certain behaviors annoy reputable agents, too.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:33 AM

14,492 posts, read 12,128,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I'm really not sure either one is a good goal.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:52 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
how to annoy consumers:

Not ask permission to continue a cold-call, or really make sure any call that you initiate is an acceptable time to the recipient

how to annoy me as an agent:

call me when I've set up an appointment online to tell me all the awesome things about your listing you did, and didn't, already put in MLS.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:40 PM

43,305 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
The title of the thread wasn't so much a question as it was a statement. My example just seemed to show how agents, in their unbridled quest for a commission, can be annoying to property owners. I'm sure that certain behaviors annoy reputable agents, too.
Friend told me about the FSBO folks who went to leave the house one evening.
Pouring down rain.
Very pregnant seller.

Kool-Aid agent stopped them at the driveway to harp on and on about how she could sell any house better than any FSBO, completely oblivious to decency.
If it hadn't been raining, she likely would still have been all wet.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:01 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,629,533 times

Old 12-13-2017, 01:53 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,033,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Hah!
I think FB RTB would be a GREAT place for consumers to visit to check in on how an agent may treat them, on their ethos and intellect, for indications of whether they are client-centric or agent-centric in business.
I very much like that it is open for the public to read, as is CD. The added value of FBRTB is the requirement for personal identity.
There is some breath-taking crap from agents posted there and I think it both cautionary and educational.
The routine and shameless display of unbridled greed and incompetence among many agent/members is one reason I am so harsh on agent crapola.
I absolutely hate that group. It's really incredible how the members of that group look at people and just see dollar signs. As you say . . . it's shameful. Hopefully, you don't post anything there that goes against that attitude because if you do the whole group gangs up on you and starts calling you names like a bunch of obnoxious, petulant children.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:58 PM

43,305 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I absolutely hate that group. It's really incredible how the members of that group look at people and just see dollar signs. As you say . . . it's shameful. Hopefully, you don't post anything there that goes against that attitude because if you do the whole group gangs up on you and starts calling you names like a bunch of obnoxious, petulant children.
"Hate?"
Yer missin' out on some mighty fine action.
"What good are ethics and manners if they aren't profitable???" Seems to be a common mantra.
Sad.

Since I don't spend hours a day telemarketing innocent people, I have time to puncture buffoonery most days.
I have learned that there definitely is an emotionally fragile Amen Choir over there.

Old 12-14-2017, 02:08 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,033,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"Hate?"
Yer missin' out on some mighty fine action.
"What good are ethics and manners if they aren't profitable???" Seems to be a common mantra.
Sad.

Since I don't spend hours a day telemarketing innocent people, I have time to puncture buffoonery most days.
I have learned that there definitely is an emotionally fragile Amen Choir over there.
As fun as that sounds . . . I have 3 small kids at home who I'd rather spend my free time with.

Let me just sum it up by saying that reading the posts on RTB used to just make me sad. Most of the people over there don't view their clients as human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals