Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 09:40 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times

Advertisements

I've never understood the expressed interest in spending gobs of free time looking at home listings, but with 76 million eyeballs, clearly there's a lot of folks that look for sport.

I don't have a marketing degree, but I think the principal aim is to market to your largest group of customers. Maybe Realtors on the national sites you're looking on are marketing to 86-92% of buyers. I mean, trying to please 8-14% with their widely disparate preferences would be mighty time-consuming, and really expensive.

How do copywriters address such an issue? Who are you writing for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 07:56 AM

10,964 posts, read 21,980,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imjusthere4info View Post
lol Now you are a sharp cookie!

That was a good catch and attention to detail.

I'm a copywriter - you got me! Caught red handed and can't even sell a different story lol.

My questions however are real. Who writes these listings on such sites and why do they seem to lack some TLC? I'm like a kid in a candy store looking at listings, you see so many homes just begging for owners and then you go through some of the information and it's just a let down.

I like to understand the agent side and the buyer side or investor. Being able to do that and bridge the gap wherever I can.
Yeah, you either seemed like a spammer or an idiot, but I didn't want to make assumptions. Maybe you're just lazy. Do a little research, use the lovely search feature and you'll find many great posts. That's why I didn't waste time on you.

Old 12-19-2018, 08:15 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,217,972 times
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brandon Hoffman again.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:23 AM

10 posts, read 7,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
just_because someone wants to write copy, I'll Say that does not mean they are qualified to do so.
Not too sure what you mean. What qualifies someone to write copy in your perspective?

Old 12-19-2018, 10:36 AM

10 posts, read 7,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Yeah, you either seemed like a spammer or an idiot, but I didn't want to make assumptions. Maybe you're just lazy. Do a little research, use the lovely search feature and you'll find many great posts. That's why I didn't waste time on you.
You make an interesting point - you didn't want to "waste" time on me based on my initial post, but you spent that precious time trying to insult me on a forum.

That was cute. I guess this can qualify you now as either a spammer or an idiot?

Moving on....

Old 12-19-2018, 10:45 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brandon Hoffman again.

I second this except I got to give some to Brandon. Coming in and being absolutely upfront honest would be the way to not insult our intelligence and perhaps get us interested. I don't want anyone who thinks that doing the opposite is a good way to sell writing copy for my clients, that's for sure.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:59 AM

14,472 posts, read 12,101,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Coming in and being absolutely upfront honest would be the way to not insult our intelligence and perhaps get us interested.

This ^

Old 12-19-2018, 11:21 AM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
I second this except I got to give some to Brandon. Coming in and being absolutely upfront honest would be the way to not insult our intelligence and perhaps get us interested. I don't want anyone who thinks that doing the opposite is a good way to sell writing copy for my clients, that's for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
This ^

just_because you two ladies think integrity is important, I'll Say not everyone agrees with you on that point.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:31 PM

10,964 posts, read 21,980,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imjusthere4info View Post
You make an interesting point - you didn't want to "waste" time on me based on my initial post, but you spent that precious time trying to insult me on a forum.

That was cute. I guess this can qualify you now as either a spammer or an idiot?

Moving on....
My first post was offering a little help but not much time just in case you were legit. I suspected you were not because of the...interesting, yet terribly worded post. Even if you had proven to be honest, I wouldn't want a copy writer with such poor writing skills.

Thank you for proving my intuition to be accurate.

Old 12-25-2018, 02:18 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,046,764 times
These days, people's attention spans are so low that you could just have a laundry list in the description, and the house would still sell. People just don't read, so no fancy copywriting is needed.

Pictures and price do the selling more than adequately.

But yes, the barrier to entry is so low, and I do get somewhat annoyed by the low effort, like not running the spell checker on the ubiquitous "dinning room" and "curve appeal".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals