Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 06:49 PM

21,937 posts, read 9,508,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Good luck!
Of course we'll be waiting for an update.
Thanks. I am getting a bit discouraged but trying to remain optimistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2019, 09:48 PM

120 posts, read 298,797 times
Is the property on the market?

Old 08-30-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog49 View Post
Is the property on the market?
Nope. It never sold and they took it off the market.

Old 09-07-2019, 10:50 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Nope. It never sold and they took it off the market.
It doesn't have to be officially on the market to make an offer, as far as I know.

According to an old Internet friend of mine who is not a realtor, he knocked on the door of a house he wanted in CT (20 years or so ago) and made an offer to the owner. I don't know if there was much negotiation, but he got the house he wanted and still lives there.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
It doesn't have to be officially on the market to make an offer, as far as I know.

According to an old Internet friend of mine who is not a realtor, he knocked on the door of a house he wanted in CT (20 years or so ago) and made an offer to the owner. I don't know if there was much negotiation, but he got the house he wanted and still lives there.
Honestly, I am getting to that point. If I knew they were living there....I thought of sending a registered letter. I know if I buy it, they are still on the hook for a commission to their LA up to a year. I don't know if that is a year after the first time I saw it or what. I viewed it probably 5 or 6 times at open houses and showings. Regardless, I am not waiting out that year. I want to make this offer and be done one way or another. I need to either move or start doing some stuff to my house.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:04 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
how do you know that their L/A says they owe their LA compensation for a year after expiration/termination?

You've only expressed that YOUR Buyer Agency has a 1 year protection period.

Old 09-09-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
how do you know that their L/A says they owe their LA compensation for a year after expiration/termination?

You've only expressed that YOUR Buyer Agency has a 1 year protection period.
When we decided to make our final offer about a month ago, Agent #1 and I were talking about how to make an offer on a house that I had seen with the listing agent. I said I thought there must be a clause in the contract where if I bought the house, the original agent would be owed a commission. She checked with a friend of hers who works for that agency to see what their contract says and she says the LA gets a commission within a year unless the sellers relist. That's why they are all trying to get the sellers to relist with them so they get both sides of the deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals