Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 09:13 AM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times

Advertisements

For safety and insurance reasons I don't transport people in my car (I'm not the size of a linebacker), and the fact that there are two cars driving to showings does bother me now.

Most of my listings are shown by other agents, so I really don't have to drive out and show them all that much.

I have thought about getting a motorcycle, but it would not be a good choice in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 09:57 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
I do not show property to anyone unless buyers are motivated to buy a home and demonstrate they can close. In otherwords, I want to know the "what if" scenarios, upfront. Then it's my choice to take the business risk or not to show property.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:04 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
My market area is about 1/5th the size of Rhode Island and gas here is even pricier than most places (currently $4.59/gallon). I get about 20mpg in my Audi (not really the ideal car for some of the back roads) and for me fuel prices are just a small portion of my expenses (I'm also responsible for all the overhead to keep the office open), so since there isn't much more I can do, I don't worry about it.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:06 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Thought about downsizing from a Chev Tahoe to a Yellow Cab with a meter. Might not get better gas mileage but I could charge buyers by the mileage.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:05 PM

197 posts, read 668,691 times
With the rising cost associated with being a realtor and b/c getting buyers to sign exclusive buyer agreements is so difficult I think in the future we are going to see some charges applied to prospect buyers or tennants.
In some countries is a norm that buyers pays part of the commission or some sort of fees.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Thought about downsizing from a Chev Tahoe to a Yellow Cab with a meter. Might not get better gas mileage but I could charge buyers by the mileage.
I was wondering how much would be the trade off of an SUV in this days.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:40 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Fuel costs are not a great consideration in my business. They are farther down the list than other considerations.

Time is worth so much more than the cost of gas a car can burn, that concern about spending time wisely should eclipse worry about excessive fuel costs.

If the customer isn't qualified and made a client, the cost of the waste of time far surpasses a few gallons of gas.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:43 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Fuel costs are not a great consideration in my business. They are farther down the list than other considerations.

Time is worth so much more than the cost of gas a car can burn, that concern about spending time wisely should eclipse worry about excessive fuel costs.

If the customer isn't qualified and made a client, the cost of the waste of time far surpasses a few gallons of gas.
My sentiments exactly.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:46 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottere View Post
b/c getting buyers to sign exclusive buyer agreements is so difficult
I have never had a buyer refuse to sign one, so far anyway, I'm sure it will happen. I've been requiring them for about two years now. I give them 1/2 day of my time (about 4 homes) so that we can decide if working together makes sense. They always sign it at the end of the day.

Some buyer agency agreements aren't reasonable and I wouldn't sign them. What are buyers objecting to?

Old 05-31-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I have never had a buyer refuse to sign one, so far anyway, I'm sure it will happen. I've been requiring them for about two years now. I give them 1/2 day of my time (about 4 homes) so that we can decide if working together makes sense. They always sign it at the end of the day.

Some buyer agency agreements aren't reasonable and I wouldn't sign them. What are buyers objecting to?
In Charlotte, NC is not that difficult. But in So Fl. is another story, I guess is b/c the great # or Realtors in the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals