Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:19 AM

86 posts, read 414,794 times

Advertisements

Come on guys and gals, this is the same as wrestling with a four legged animal that is known to frequent a sty:

Everyone gets dirty
It makes a whole lot of noise
The four leg creature loves it. (but he won't cite why)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 04:46 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,121,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbljason View Post
They only put down $1000 in earnest money, my deposit on my new place was more than that so already I lose. It just seems like I have been damaged by turning down the other offer and possible forfeiture of the deposit that I put down on the new place.
A seller's nightmare come true. I truly sympathize and hope this somehow works out for you in the end.

I was not happy about taking less than 3K as earnest money, but after the buyers begged and pleaded and came up with all kinds of good credit documentation for my agent (plus they knew some of us involved, personally) I reluctantly and nervously went with it and it turned out OK. Had they backed out, I'd have been up the famous creek without a paddle, and out close to 5K.

This situation is a good reason for all sellers to think carefully before accepting very small amounts down as earnest money. The amount should be enough to make the buyer hesitate to lose it, and to partially alleviate the financial losses to the seller due to the deal falling through.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:48 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,121,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therrboomer View Post
Come on guys and gals, this is the same as wrestling with a four legged animal that is known to frequent a sty:

Everyone gets dirty
It makes a whole lot of noise
The four leg creature loves it. (but he won't cite why)
I think you are on the right track here. There's a certain noticeable pattern...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals