Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 08:35 AM

3 posts, read 6,665 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am new, just passed my test and am looking for a broker in Houston. Could anyone give their opinion of who is a good broker to go with in Houston, or point me to a forum for Houston Realtors only, or even a past thread that already hashed this out, that isnt too old? I have read info on ZIP, Realty Associates, and Keller Williams, but I know there are so many more that might be real good. I think ReMax is good, but seems have high fees from what I have heard.
Thanks for any input!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 10:54 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klrss View Post
Hi, I am new, just passed my test and am looking for a broker in Houston. Could anyone give their opinion of who is a good broker to go with in Houston, or point me to a forum for Houston Realtors only, or even a past thread that already hashed this out, that isnt too old? I have read info on ZIP, Realty Associates, and Keller Williams, but I know there are so many more that might be real good. I think ReMax is good, but seems have high fees from what I have heard.
Thanks for any input!!
Pick up the phone and call a few to set appointments with the Broker in Charge. Don't worry as much right now about splits and such. Find the company that will put you in the best position to be successful (i.e. training, business tools, floor time/ lead generation). YOu have to go meet them face to face at some point. The only advice I offer is to not start with a low service company. I doubt they have much training to offer.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:12 PM

2 posts, read 6,813 times
Try Package Realty, they are hiring full and part-time Realtors. This is a fee for service brokerage, offering listing packages. They also are agent owned, so you can really grow your business without paying desk fees. Ask for Angie she is the broker.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:50 AM

50 posts, read 128,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klrss View Post
Thanks for any input!!

There is a big misconception by a lot of new agents that signing up with a new broker is like getting a job. It is not. You are starting a new business and the broker provides support services for that business. One of the services the broker provides is carrying you on their license (and ensuring you conduct your business properly) but you are forming a partnership not an employer/employee realtionship.

The question you really want to be asking yourself is what kind of support does my business need.

Forget about splits and costs for a minute, sit down and create a business plan. What are your strengths, weaknesses, needs and goals. For example, do you have sales experience? If not a brokerage with a strong sales training program would be a good choice for you. Once you have established a criteria for the success of your business it is time to go shopping. Start interviewing brokers, explain your goals to them and find out what they have to offer that will fulfill your needs and to help you achieve those goals.

Once you have developed a small list of suitable brokers then it is time to do a cost/benefit analysis of their brokerage and the services they offer.

The process in itself is not all that different than finding a property for a client - in this case your new home is the brokerage you select and you are the client. Reading info is not enough. You have to talk in person much the same way you have to physically inspect property.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:40 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,412,165 times
Smile Re/max

I would say RE/MAX maybe Fry RD..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals