Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2009, 09:30 AM

470 posts, read 1,841,680 times

Advertisements

about a month ago, my DH and i looked at a house and although we liked it, didn't make an offer on it, and with in that week the house had gone under contract. well, this past week, we were driving thru the neighborhood and saw that the house was back on the market. on the flyer it said the price had been reduced. . .BUT IT WAS STILL THE SAME PRICE as when we had looked at it.

are the seller's agent hoping folks don't know any different? what's the deal on that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 11:45 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechappells View Post
about a month ago, my DH and i looked at a house and although we liked it, didn't make an offer on it, and with in that week the house had gone under contract. well, this past week, we were driving thru the neighborhood and saw that the house was back on the market. on the flyer it said the price had been reduced. . .BUT IT WAS STILL THE SAME PRICE as when we had looked at it.

are the seller's agent hoping folks don't know any different? what's the deal on that?
How can you tell if a house is back on the market, by looking at it?

It's customary in a lot of areas for the " For Sale" signage and brouchure box, if any, to remain in place, until closing.

Maybe it was reduced before you saw it? Or, perhaps the deal fell thru.

Your real estate agent can determine the true status for you.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:08 PM

470 posts, read 1,841,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How can you tell if a house is back on the market, by looking at it?

It's customary in a lot of areas for the " For Sale" signage and brouchure box, if any, to remain in place, until closing.

Maybe it was reduced before you saw it? Or, perhaps the deal fell thru.

Your real estate agent can determine the true status for you.

because i pulled the flyer off the post and it stated, "back on the market & price reduced"

i'm positive the deal fell thru because after it went under contract, there was huge "SOLD" sign on the post for some time. and another time we drove by, the post wasn't in the lawn.

when we first looked at it, it was on the market for 85 days and it was priced at it's current listing price. note: at that time (a month ago) on the flyer it wasn't 'back on the market'.

so, from that, what am i to think? if it states its "been reduced" shouldn't it reflect?

Old 04-03-2009, 01:51 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,389,314 times
Could be, with some closing cost figured in, it increased the price, and could even be a typo, as happens sometimes. If you like the house, you could always start lower, as they may be more motivated now, and be sure and have your realtor find out why if did not close. All kinds of reasons, financing, and I would particually want to know, if had failed inspection, or what was done. Good luck.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:27 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechappells View Post
because i pulled the flyer off the post and it stated, "back on the market & price reduced"

i'm positive the deal fell thru because after it went under contract, there was huge "SOLD" sign on the post for some time. and another time we drove by, the post wasn't in the lawn.

when we first looked at it, it was on the market for 85 days and it was priced at it's current listing price. note: at that time (a month ago) on the flyer it wasn't 'back on the market'.

so, from that, what am i to think? if it states its "been reduced" shouldn't it reflect?

Possible scenario: new broker, current asking price less than original asking price with the previous broker ??

Old 04-04-2009, 11:39 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Why not ask your agent what's going on, here.

Or, if it is your intent to work with the listing agent , who represents the seller's best interests, call him/her.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:10 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Why not ask your agent what's going on, here.

Or, if it is your intent to work with the listing agent , who represents the seller's best interests, call him/her.
Best way to get ALL the information, is to work with a Buyer Agent--someone who works for you, the buyer, only!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals