Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 12:32 PM

474 posts, read 2,193,012 times

Advertisements

Just thought it would be nice to have some good reports; about things that your agents have done for you that you appreciate. Those that have gone the extra mile or two for you in getting the job done. Those who have maybe even become lifelong friends; and those you send repeat business to.

These are the things that those of us who care strive for. Good reputations and referral business. We've got the trophies and the wall plaques and all that jazz -- let's have the hearfelt stuff.

C'mon, we know you're out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 01:58 PM

113 posts, read 770,745 times
My agent is great because...

She e-mailed me a personal note minutes after my initial request for information. She suggested other towns that would better suit my budget. She drove me around the town I decided on and gave me a tour to point out things I would enjoy as an Asian-American woman raising a bi-racial family (without my asking!) She always takes my calls, or calls back within an hour if I don't reach her. She even e-mails up to midnight if it's important! She has always, always made appts for showings when it is good for me (no 2nd options, always my 1st). She never pressures me to buy higher than what I set my sights on.

I'm sure there's more, but perhaps this will get the ball rolling for everyone else!

Old 04-02-2007, 02:12 PM

894 posts, read 4,350,586 times
My agent in GA actually found me through City-Data. I happened to post questions and she had just joined the site. She emailed me with some info and the rest is history.

We spent a long weekend with her from 10:00am to almost 9:00pm. She gave up her family time to show us EVERYTHING.

Having to sell our home in Fla first, she continued to be in contact with us.
She would email info at all hours of the night. In addition, she knows her stuff Codes, what bad things to look for in a home, growing areas, etc. She is in real estate because she loves it and cares about her clients wants and needs.

She has become a life-long friend!

Old 04-02-2007, 03:39 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,754,434 times
I love the agent I have here in Maryland. She also found me on city-data. At the time, I had a referal to another agent, but one trip with her was enough to say "not for me." So I emailed my city-data realtor and she was willing to meet with us in 2 hours, got us in 4 listings the other agent refused to show me (made excuses about the showing being turned down - two of the homes were vacant!). And, most importantly, she is still nice and friendly with us 3.5 months later when we have drug her all over the county looking at who knows how many homes. She is on her way over right now so we can take a second look at something and will probably make an offer on tonight *fingers crossed*

She is the fourth agent I have dealt with over all (aside from the other two I had do CMAs when I sold over back in Dec), and the first one I have actually trusted 100%. When I was dealing with the settlement on my home, a couple times I called her for advice rather than my listing agent b/c he was such a slimeball (see my post under horror stories, some of you said I should report him he was that bad).

Old 04-02-2007, 04:43 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,096,787 times
I've bought a house once and our realtor was really good. She had just become a realtor; she was previously a schoolteacher. We were her first sale. She showed us many houses, and was always cheerful. She admitted when she didn't know something; she would find the answer out and let us know right away. We ended up having problems before closing (the inspection found an old oil tank buried underground) and she was terrific with following up with gov't agencies to get it out as quickly as possible. She really went above and beyond, I think. We ended up buying just a few blocks from her! I think we could have been friends, but less than 6 months later the relationship I was in went down the tubes and I moved away. lol

Old 04-02-2007, 05:05 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
I have the best 2 agents on the planet.

In Oct 2005 I was house hunting in another state. These agents answered EVERY e-mail, sent me many possible listings, drove me around for 3 days looking at properties, and got my bid submitted and accepted in the same day.

2 weeks later my husband, my dog, my 2 cats and I came up for closing. I got a call from one of the agents at 7:30 in the evening the night before closing. The house had failed inspection, and failed it quite miserably. The next morning we were out looking at more houses. 2 more days I was driven around. They helped me find another house.

Being out of state and trying to figure out things like electric, phone, water, etc. can be a real hassle. My agents provided me with names & numbers for all of the utilities, and even went out to open the house for a required electrical inspection. I was kept informed of every detail, without having to call and ask.

Sadly, my husband HATED the new town. We called those same agents to sell the house. It was shown 4 times in 7 days, and we had 2 offers. That house closed 2/28.

Wish I could find agents half as good here........

Old 04-02-2007, 05:16 PM

Wow ! I am so glad I opened this thread ... and so glad for all of you who have wonderful experiences to share. Keep on keepin' on .....

Old 04-02-2007, 05:29 PM

188 posts, read 811,178 times
Hi Evey

From the sounds of that i hope im half as lucky as you have been when i make my move.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:46 PM

114 posts, read 397,995 times
Thank you, Apple Annie! How refreshing to hear some good things. I love being a Realtor, and try very hard to do the right thing. I'll never forget how much my feelings were hurt by a tenant who did not want to move (if the place got sold) and she called me one of 'you people'. Things did not go well for awhile; I had trouble getting her to allow it to be shown because she was raising five grandkids and other family members. I was so torn; it worried me what would happen to her and the kids yet I had to do my best to represent my seller's best interests. One hot summer day, while trying to get a termite inspection scheduled (it did get sold), I took her a bottle of Root Beer and a half gallon of ice cream for root beer floats. She would not come to the door to talk to me, so I left them with the daughter who answered the door and went away. About a week later, she called me and apologized. She said she went to church and prayed about it, and that her friends told her she was out of line. It meant so much to have her do that. It all worked out great; someone in her church found a bigger, nicer place for the family, I shared a modest amount with her for groceries once it closed, and we now speak to each other in the grocery store when we see each other. I've since learned to try and get a seller to offer an incentive to a tenant who cooperates with us to the end (free months rent or a modest cash back to be useful in finding a new place). Being a Realtor is very challenging when it comes to the people part. But worth every minute. Can't wait to read more!

Old 04-03-2007, 05:51 AM

A nice story Trish; exactly why I wanted to start this thread. So many of us have stories that we can share about how we have helped people with positive experiences; and how many of us give back to our communities. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals