Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2007, 04:46 AM

189 posts, read 797,148 times

Advertisements

I just found out my realtor is going on vacation for 10 days and am concerned about the covering realtor. What should I expect from the covering realtor whom I have no relationship with? Wouldn't they be more interested in selling their own listings than promoting mine? What other questions should I be asking my realtor before they go away? I don't want to be losing out on valuable selling time, especially after we just had a busy weekend with an open house and potential buyers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 06:43 AM

107 posts, read 689,944 times
my realtor is on a20 day vacation, but her partner and her work together on all listings even though i've had no dealings iwth her partner i am assured of her abilities etc. also my realtor still answers all email phone calls etc.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:51 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,841,018 times
Reat Estate agents do deserve some time off, and it is needed to keep our heads on straight!! That said, there are a couple of things you should find out.
a) will he/she be available by phone/email should you need them. (sometimes they are, sometimes it is near impossible like on a cruise).
b) what is the relationship with the person covering for her/him? Have they done this before? Can you meet them prior to? Will the broker be available if the agent isn't?
c) is there any monetary consideration being offered to the covering agent to help incent them to sell your property? Depending on the arrangement between the agents, there might be.
d) what experience does the covering agent have? Is he/she new? not necessarily a bad thing, especially if they are being incented. sometimes a good newbie is on fire to make something happen.

You need to feel comfortable that in those 10 days you are covered and it will also help your agent to know that he/she can go on vacation and not worry about you.

Shelly

Old 06-25-2007, 08:24 AM

Shelly,

Thanks so much for the information. I will discuss these things with my realtor next time I speak to them.

Pad3

Old 06-25-2007, 04:53 PM

Good luck with the sale of your home, pad!! here's to getting an offer before you agent goes on vacation!!

Shelly

Old 06-27-2007, 06:12 AM

The couple that came to see the house on Sunday was "very interested" from what the realtor told me. They wanted to make sure they could get approved for a mortgage and were given numbers. They also knew there was a lot of activity on the house and a recent price reduction. Of course I'm anxious, but wouldn't they want to come back and see the house by now? I heard from the realtor Monday and she made it seem like they would put an offer in.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:57 AM

Pad, I have a home listed that is getting great action, and have 3 different potential buyers. All their agents have said it is the top of the list and will come back for a second look. One was last Sunday and they are just coming back today. Buyers are taking their time. Making sure they have seen everything (and there is a lot on the market). I know this house will get an offer, just don't know when. Have your agent keep in touch with their agent and continue to show your home. And try to stay calm, lol!!

Shelly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals