Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:59 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,055,167 times

Advertisements

In my neighborhood, there is a home 150K overpriced. It's been on the market I think almost a year. They haven't even done one single price drop. They bought it as a foreclosure and I think tried to flip it. No one is living in it. The for sale sign is falling over and tilted. The bushes haven't been trimmed. Every once in awhile the lawn gets mowed.

It's like just drop the price and allow someone to live in this beautiful house and take care of it. It's so irritating to see a home overpriced beyond reason.

And now the listing says available for lease purchase.

It's like move on with your lives and allow somone to enjoy the home!

Would this bug anyone else?

/rant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 12:09 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
It would only bother me if it looked like cr*p.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:16 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
I am sure they would be happy to drop the price if you make up the difference.

If they violate the law or county codes then call on them, until that time live and let live.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:32 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
No, it wouldn't bother me. I see the same thing around here. There are homes I've seen on the market for two years or more without a price drop.

Just because a home is on the market, doesn't mean the sellers are in a bind to sell. We are talking 150k here. If they are financially able to wait it out, that is their choice.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:25 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
People bad mouth Homeowner Associations but this is one area if there is a strong one they can sometimes force the work to be done or actually do the work to the exterior and put a lien on the house.

Personally, I like a very strong HOA. They help prevent the neighborhoods from losing value in many cases such as this.

Do you have an HOA and have you called them to complain ?

Old 07-05-2010, 03:09 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
I'm also a fan of HOA's. We have had a house in our neighborhood on the market for about 9 years! That's correct. AT LEAST NINE YEARS. Just this week for the very first time someone actually moved in and the sign is gone! The place has been consistently mowed but the house has always looked unkempt. We have a HOA so I can only imagine what it would have looked like otherwise.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:53 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
as long as they keep up the outside i really wouldn't make a big deal out of it. If it is starting to look really unsightly, contact the HOA or city like mentioned and they should take care of it.
It's quite common that people may have bought high during the housing boom, and with it now crashing, still think they can get the money like they could 5 years ago, or think their home is just "special" to everyone else and they deserve the insanely high asking price. Also there are many people who have a second home and just have the other on the market high and will let it sit and sit until they get what they want.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:39 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,055,167 times
Yea the house looks ok, no reason for me to call the HOA. The HOA is pretty good in doing their own inspections of the community. They aren't too strict and they don't let people get too messy.

But I would love to know what the sellers are thinking, having the home SOO overpriced!
I guess they can keep waiting. I'm curious to see what happens.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:08 PM

475 posts, read 571,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
People bad mouth Homeowner Associations but this is one area if there is a strong one they can sometimes force the work to be done or actually do the work to the exterior and put a lien on the house.

Personally, I like a very strong HOA. They help prevent the neighborhoods from losing value in many cases such as this.

Do you have an HOA and have you called them to complain ?
I own my property. I am not responsible to your property values.

An HoA is counter to American freedoms.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:17 PM

467 posts, read 1,045,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
I own my property. I am not responsible to your property values.

An HoA is counter to American freedoms.
So exercise your American freedoms and buy in a neighborhood without a HOA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate