Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2010, 07:39 AM

14 posts, read 25,612 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]I would be interested to get some agents opinions about a campaign or adventure that I am thinking about starting. I am thinking about building a website for 7-10 local agents, that I would be putting money into several different marketing efforts to give the site, web presence. The site would consist of each agents own individual area, to post listings and give information about themselves. So what’s in it for me, right? On the website, I would also have an area for financing a home and I would only advertise myself in that area. Let me know if there are any RESPA guidelines I would be violating in doing this. I am not demanding the agents to send me referrals (though it would be appreciated) for advertisement and I am not charging the agents money for any leads. Is this a good idea? Or am I just asking for agents to take advantage of me? [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 08:40 AM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,926 times
I think you should consult your own attorney for legal advice. RESPA is no laughing matter and I would not want to take legal advice from a thread on line.

As for the concept of your web site - As an agent I might be interested if it would have a live link to my own web site and if I had some control over my "page" on your site.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:05 AM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
You can do joint advertising efforts with real estate agents. I think the key is joint. I assume you'd charge them for ad space?

It isn't something I personally would participate in as an agent, but for less techy agents, it might have some appeal.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:46 AM

I would definitely be checking into RESPA guidelines other than on an online thread. I probably should not have even posted that for opinions... It was more for the sake of; I am not just throwing a site together, posting it, and hoping I do not get caught type of attitude. Believe me when I say, when it comes to laws and guideline, I do my homework before action...

As for the website goes: each agent would have a login to adjust their "area" and listings. The whole point of the site would be driving business to the agents, so yes their website would be one click away.

In regards to the charging the agents: My goal is to give this to the agents for free as more of a thank you for sending business to me. Over the last three years, it seems like I have to justify to agents, why they should send me business. Or explain to them, what is in it for them... I would be asking the exact same thing if I were on their end of things. I believe I work for one of the best mortgage companies in this area, if not the state (not enough research done to claim that just yet), all things considered with speed, on time closing, rates, etc... Needless to say, very dependable. There are still hundreds of banks out there claiming the same and provide great service. Now the difference would be, if you ask what is in it for me? I might have a different answer...
Yes, this would be a free advertising to agents but I would be getting more business also.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESE34 View Post
My goal is to give this to the agents for free as more of a thank you for sending business to me.
You can't offer agents anything for sending you business.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:46 PM

Touché

Therefore, my goal is to give this to agents free advertising because I am generous, including agents that have never referred business to me and regardless if they send future business to me.

Question at hand: How do you feel about a loan officer providing a website to advertise your services?

Old 08-09-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Touché

Therefore, my goal is to give this to agents free advertising because I am generous, including agents that have never referred business to me and regardless if they send future business to me.

Question at hand: How do you feel about a loan officer providing a website to advertise your services?

I personally wouldn't do it as I said before, but some non-techy agents might really like it.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:26 PM

42 posts, read 125,426 times
Default generous

Quote:
Touché

Therefore, my goal is to give this to agents free advertising because I am generous,
Sorry, I don't believe that for a second.

Generous? If you are generous, donate to the Red Cross.

You are "giving" these sites to agents with the HOPE that they give you new business. Nothing generous about that. It is business. No need to be generous, when "fair" will do.

Just watch out for RESPA because if an agent gets anything of value and gives you business, it will be scrutinized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate