Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 07:26 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times

Advertisements

olecapt---those gods certainly do, but I like to think I can push them my way a bit with marketing. (we have to be optimists in this job!)

Believe it or not, there are still some places and some price ranges where the market is pretty balanced or even undersupplied. In the past month, two listings in excellent condition, multiple offers on both, first time buyers price range. I would love to have 10 more just like them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 08:21 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
I've seen this just this week. Houses one street over from ours, nicer homes really, have sat for six months+. One finally has a sale pending sign hanging out front. All are priced higher than the houses on our street. But two houses on our street, not lowered in price at all, one needing a little TLC, sold within sixty days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
But it is also a question of blind luck. Small more expensive houses do on occassion sell better than larger better priced ones. You can have everything absolutely perfect and be priced well below what you should get and still sit there for six months...it is simply the nature of the beast.

Such situations are vastly more likely to occur in a strong buyers market...which is actually where we are.

Note that the gods of chance have weird senses of humor...

Last edited by carolac; 06-30-2007 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-30-2007, 08:47 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
olecapt---those gods certainly do, but I like to think I can push them my way a bit with marketing. (we have to be optimists in this job!)

Believe it or not, there are still some places and some price ranges where the market is pretty balanced or even undersupplied. In the past month, two listings in excellent condition, multiple offers on both, first time buyers price range. I would love to have 10 more just like them!
But you must understand... and most don't...you can move the center of the distribution but that has little effect on the tails. You can change the odds of selling from say 10% in a giiven month to 20%. But there is nothing in your arsenal that can change it to 80%. So you do your very best and it sits 9 months. Some turkey who does not know his ass from his elbow lists a loser at 20% more...and it sells. Did you screw up?

There are alway exceptions. Even in this market certain exquisite houses sell in short periods of time. But only the select few of us can make our living selling only the exquisite houses.

My point is and remains...price does change the rate of sales. But it does not provide any certainty. Certainty comes only from give a way prices. Anything will sell right now if it is sold sufficently far under market. That is called bribing the seller to take the dog off your hands.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:42 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,655,534 times
To the orginal poster, this is exactly what happened with us here. We had our home on the market for 45 days as well and nothing at all. The minute we cancelled the contract with the listing agent and went with another firm, we started getting showings. We went with a small firm that pays money to all the search engines to be in the top three when anyone is doing research in our area. Also when you go to their site, it does huge pictures and numerous ones of all the homes they feature. It apparently is working.

If you feel that she has done all she can and you definatly need to find a firm with a different approach, you can break a contract.

I will tell you though our former agent has been spiteful. She has done 2 things that has really upset me. One I did share here.

You can go under my name and find the post Read This to see what she has done.

Good luck and I hope you get your home sold soon!

Last edited by stargazer; 06-30-2007 at 11:24 PM..

Old 09-15-2010, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,949 times
Whether the listing agent of seller can sell the house without releasing the contract with me, without any fault of mine. The bank denied the loan just at closing and I was immediately laid-off?

Old 09-15-2010, 11:22 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhan1961 View Post
Whether the listing agent of seller can sell the house without releasing the contract with me, without any fault of mine. The bank denied the loan just at closing and I was immediately laid-off?
First, you've added your post to a three year old thread. You'll likely get better responses if you create a new one.

Second, your post isn't at all clear. What is it you are asking?

Old 06-29-2011, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,689 times
I live in NC and the Real Estate Company that is working with us had us sign a 1 year contract. Is that legal? It is my understanding that most real estate companies only get you to sign for 6 months or less, also, they also merged with another company and want us to sign a new contract. Are we bound to do that because of our original contract?

Old 06-29-2011, 02:47 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,582,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCKim65 View Post
I live in NC and the Real Estate Company that is working with us had us sign a 1 year contract. Is that legal? It is my understanding that most real estate companies only get you to sign for 6 months or less, also, they also merged with another company and want us to sign a new contract. Are we bound to do that because of our original contract?
Yes, it's legal to ask for any length of time for the contract, but it's up to you to agree or not. If they want you to sign a new contract, then you should renegotiate the terms to your satisfaction. As to whether you are bound or not to sign a new contract would depend on the terms of the old contract. Suggest you consult with an attorney.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:55 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCKim65 View Post
No you are never bound to sign a new contract. They may however be able to enforce the old.

Just say no and wait a while. And don't sign contract that you might complain about on the internet afterwards.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:09 PM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Actually, one year is the maximum allowed on an agency agreement in North Carolina.

So, it is legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate