Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 09:29 PM

11,846 posts, read 34,508,459 times

Advertisements

Oh absolutely, Zillow is very reliable for valuations.

Real estate licensees are not responsible for the condition of the property, they are responsible for the marketing, offer, negotiation, and transaction management.

Have you read this forum? Countless times these buyers and sellers come here for advice on their real estate transaction. Zillow wasn't there for them.

I wish I could count on spending only 40 hours on a transaction.

Buyers: 20-25 getting the buyer ready for an offer including showings
2-3 hours writing offer to the specifications of buyer
2-4 hours attending the inspection
1-5 hours negotiating repairs
2-6 hours working on title, hoa doc, appraisal, survey
10 hours on correspondence with buyer & lender
Buyer or Seller terminate

begin again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 11:36 PM

1 posts, read 597 times
Realtors should go the way of the buggy whip. There is now more information than ever available on the internet for buyers, so if I’m willing to invest the time as well as assume the risk associated with not having a buyer’s agent how does it seem appropriate to have a law that forces me to use a buyer’s agent? This is as rediculous as suggesting everyone who buys a car should have a buyer’s agent that’s entitled to 3%. Personally I’ve yet to see the value in paying $15K on a $500K house I found on the internet and had an agent open the door so I could look and then fill out Tennessee’s uniform offer form. I’m reminded of the Wizard of Oz, “Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!” In no other consumer retail industry does the Tennessee Legislature feel we need to be “protected” to the point of forcing us to hire representation, but that’s what happens when you hire good lobbyists like the realtors clearly did. Hopefully, we’ll get some state legislators who are actually interested in doing something that’s in the best interest of their constituents pocket books and their freedom to make their own choices and assume their own risks!

Also, the U.S. Department of Justice spoke before the TN Legislature against this law and if there was any agency that was worried about consumers don’t you think it’d be DOJ? Finally, if consumers are so badly being screwed over why is it that the 40 states that don’t have laws like this on the books don’t have people begging their legislators to protect them???? Total chicanery by the Realtors Association!

Old 09-05-2018, 06:04 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,901,954 times
Excellent job bumping a 7 year old thread

Old 09-05-2018, 02:31 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,280,783 times
not only that, but nothing in any state REQUIRES anyone to engage a real estate agent in a housing transaction.

Old 10-17-2021, 10:06 PM

19 posts, read 25,051 times
Hello, I would like to bump this thread to see if anybody can recommend a good buyer agent that offers cash back. I do most the research work myself and just need somebody to submit the offer.

Old 10-18-2021, 08:10 AM

11,000 posts, read 22,047,580 times
By doing most research yourself, do you mean asking strangers opinions on the internet? If you're so good at research, seems like you'd be able to find what you need with some research and calls and emails with no trouble at all.

Old 10-18-2021, 08:22 AM

43,439 posts, read 77,392,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillehorizon View Post
Hello, I would like to bump this thread to see if anybody can recommend a good buyer agent that offers cash back. I do most the research work myself and just need somebody to submit the offer.

You are looking for an attorney. No competent agent will write an offer without personally performing basic research and onsite due diligence.

And, anyone can submit an offer. Email, snail mail, paper dropped off at an office.

Old 10-20-2021, 09:17 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,539,074 times
Just write up offer yourself. You can download form if you google it.

Old 10-21-2021, 09:16 PM

19 posts, read 25,051 times
Thanks for the responses. I found one agent who offers 1.5% cash back.

Old 10-21-2021, 09:21 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,280,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillehorizon View Post
I'd think if you could do most of the work yourself, the internet/google would tell you which agents give "cash back". Add "+near me" to your search, since we can't be sure where you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate