Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 07:21 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Realtor generated traffic? Do you mean sticking it on the MLS and letting other agents show it? Haha, I can do that on iggyshouse.com.

Not trying to insult all Realtors because there are many that do help out buyers, but why does it seem like every Realtor thinks that nobody else can do the exact same thing they do? Newsflash but I haven't looked at a single house I haven't found for myself on the internet and my selling agent hasn't shown this house 1 single time. Now explain to me why I am losing 6%?

What brokerage relationship are you talking about? The part where I sign the contract at the beginning, sign it at the end, give away 6% and never see the Realtor after that or in between? Sounds like a one sided relationship to me.
There are many things that a Realtor does to represent you in the sale of your house. 80% of what we do is the same - why? Because it works to attract/keep/close buyers.

Now buyer's have a different agenda. Sometimes they are tire kickers and time wasters, sometimes they choose the wrong inspector/appraiser/lender and *issues* arise. A good Realtor will anticipate what *issues* come up and help you decide what is in your best interest.

If you hired a Realtor that is absent during the marketing phase...change to the best representative you can find - you may have to choose a Realtor within the same brokerage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 07:22 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,323,141 times
bls555 - just a quick question - seems like you have some pretty strong feelings about an agent's worth (or rather lack of it). I'm just curious as to why you decided to list rather than do FSBO to begin with. Personally, I always tell folks if they're thinking they'd like to try it themselves first, to go ahead and do that. I'd rather they try FSBO for awhile and see how it goes for them, then if/when they do decide to list we can discuss what I can do for them that will actually get their home sold, and they're much more appreciative of my talents then.

If you're confident in your abilities to get it sold yourself (and I might add, closed, since many FSBO's can get a contract but holding the deal together until it closes often becomes a problem) why list for 3 weeks? Why didn't you try FSBO right out of the chute?

Old 08-19-2007, 07:23 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,147,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Realtor generated traffic? Do you mean sticking it on the MLS and letting other agents show it? Haha, I can do that on iggyshouse.com.

Not trying to insult all realtors because there are many that do help out buyers, but why does it seem like every realtor thinks that nobody else can do the exact same thing they do? Newsflash but I haven't looked at a single house I haven't found for myself on the internet and my selling agent hasn't shown this house 1 single time. Now explain to me why I am losing 6%?

What brokerage relationship are you talking about? The part where I sign the contract at the beginning, sign it at the end, give away 6% and never see the realtor after that or in between? Sounds like a one sided relationship to me.
Why did you hire him in the first place then?

I encourage people to try selling FSBO first, If they succeed Great! It's certainly possible to sell a home without a broker. However the statistics show in all likelyhood a FSBO will fail. And if that happens sellers are much easier to represent when they can finally see what value a professional can bring.

If you really beleive selling a house is as easy as signing a paper at the end...then good luck. If it was that easy you'd be right there would be NO need for a realtor.

I won't get off topic and start explaining all the things a GOOD realtor brings to the table, if you'd like talk about that we can start another thread.

p.s. Bravo for your realtor not showing it themselves even once, that is a VERY good sign.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,151 times
after getting the offers from the Realtors efforts, now he wants to put it on iggyshouse, maybe after his mechanic finds the problem with his car, he'll fix it himself...sounds like a plan. nice. Maybe he can sell it to Iggy

Old 11-21-2010, 08:34 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,646,117 times
BLS5555 You stated "Sounds like a one sided relationship to me."
Well sounds to me that you need a new and true professional realtor.
Hiring a realtor is same thing when you decide for example to build a pool in your backyard. You have to try different estimates for the pool. You have to interview minimun with 3 realtors to see with one is suitable for your requirements. Fortunately not all realtors are the same and perform the same level of professionalism. You can buy really ship or expensive good quality service.

Last edited by Angel Calzadilla; 11-21-2010 at 08:51 AM..

Old 11-21-2010, 12:40 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
You guys realize this old thread is from 2007.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate