Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 06:09 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Having an accepted offer isn't the same thing as the bank approving your terms. I wish you luck. Keep us posted if the bank agrees to all those closing costs.
I was going to say the same thing! Did your lender give you a GFE so you'd know what the cc were going to be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 12:29 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonFinch View Post
Hello all!

USAA set me up with another Realtor she is older lady which to be the truth I like. She sounds very honest but just not aggressive as I hoped. We met up at a house me and my wife were looking at (I think this is the one).

I'm not a realtor, but will the op have a problem since it appears this woman showed him the house? Maybe I'm reading this wrong, and she wasnt the 1st to take him there.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:01 AM

192 posts, read 826,815 times
Seeing all of these people asking for full closing costs as a buyer makes me think people are watching too much HGTV. On those shows everyone always buys a home under the listing price and asks for all closing costs from the seller. That's great for a TV show but in reality, if you're putting an offer down on a place that has a few competitive offers, your offer might not look serious or even worth looking at if others are willing to pay even just their share of closing costs.

That being said, expect to pay pretty much all your own closing costs for a short sale. The seller is broke, otherwise it wouldn't be a short sale. The bank is already taking a hit, so they're not likely to want to offer you any more money either.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:07 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonFinch View Post
USAA set me up with another Realtor she is older lady which to be the truth I like. She sounds very honest but just not aggressive as I hoped. We met up at a house me and my wife were looking at (I think this is the one). I told her reguardless of this house I am not paying for closing costs period. Now call me crazy but thats how I feel. I hope a Realtor would be on my side. But, she tells me its not that easy etc. As if, I am pulling teeth. So later tonight we called her up and said this is the house we want. She comes back and starts to say well even if you don't pay the closing cost theres other outside expenses ?!!?!?!?! (I'm like ok wtf?) ....She doesn't even know. She wants me to contact USAA and find out what else I have to pay etc. I am thinking A) You're my realtor can you at least help me. B) Did I make big mistake with this whole USAA Movers Advantage....
I can't find a reason in any of this for you to be upset with your Realtor. It sounds like she told you the TRUTH, and that truth is not what you want to hear. Stop being angry with her for explaining how things really work, and instead be appreciative that she did, so that you can now go forward with accurate information & expectations to make the best possible decisions for yourself.

The best agent is absolutely the one that tells you what you need to know, and NOT the one that tells you what you want to hear.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:39 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,281 times
You can ask for whatever you want but it doesn't mean that you're going to get it.

Good luck fidning someone willing to cover all of their and YOUR expenses when buying a home.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:01 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
The seller will fund all closing costs if you offer the right price for the house that provides enough to cover those costs. A deal is not a deal that's going to happen unless it works for everyone in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate