Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 08:09 AM

50 posts, read 99,234 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to figure out if its their realtor or the buyer with this bluff move...
I have condo for sale and this couple have looked at it three times. I was on the top two list to buy.... Well they decided on the other unit..couple days later my realtor gets a call from their realtor saying they like my but wanted the other but couldnt get the condo FHA approved (mine is). So they want to know my lowest number... So my realtor gave them the information they wanted... couple hours later they schedule the third visit... Now yesterday my realtor gets an email saying they wouldn't pay less than 20k our lowest number. Now the buyer is a first time home buyer. Is the realtor pushing this or the buyer???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 08:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramz003 View Post

Now yesterday my realtor gets an email saying they wouldn't pay less than 20k our lowest number. Now the buyer is a first time home buyer. Is the realtor pushing this or the buyer???
Do you mean they are saying they would not pay more than $20K off your lowest acceptable price?

No telling who is pushing for the discount. Does it matter?

It's common stuff for sellers to determine their price based on what they need or want out of the sale. Buyers often determine their offer by how much they can afford.

Neither of these $ may have anything to do with local market conditions.

Why not ask them to write up their offer and demonstrate they are qualified to buy anything.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Do you mean they are saying they would not pay more than $20K off your lowest acceptable price?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Why not ask them to write up their offer and demonstrate they are qualified to buy anything.
Thats a good ideal we might do that.... I think they are already qualified but only FHA not conventional. I told my realtor to reply that the deal was only good for a couple of days and after that its full price.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:22 AM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Is the other unit in the same complex?

Have you checked and made sure your condo is on FHA's approved list?
https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm

Old 02-14-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Is the other unit in the same complex?

Have you checked and made sure your condo is on FHA's approved list?
https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm
No its in another complex down the street. Mine is FHA approved. I currently have a FHA loan.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:42 AM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Just because you have an FHA loan does not mean the complex is currently approved.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:59 AM

How would I get approved if its not FHA approved?

Old 02-14-2012, 10:23 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
If I understand this right your realtor told the other side what your bottom line price is? That was a bad move.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:34 AM

4,280 posts, read 12,669,028 times
If you are talking $20K less in price and the realtor is getting say 6% commission (or maybe only 3% if a spilt), then the bottom line money (in their pocket) is not enough to screw up the deal unless they are one stupid $OB.

I say it is the buyer playing hard ball. Are you willing to?

Back to the FHA. Ask the Treasurer or President of your asociation how they handle such. Usually it is just answering a list of questions and maybe providing a budget sheet/balance.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
If I understand this right your realtor told the other side what your bottom line price is? That was a bad move.
But it really wasnt our bottom price ....

There are other condos in the area around the same price so I'm in the right price range...
And there are others in the area... that was low price but need lots of updatings.....

I will stick to my guns.. if they want it they will come back plan and simple..
i'm in no rush
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate