Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:24 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,616,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
feel free to go hump someone elses leg.....

these forums allow us brokers to be more casual.. so if you cant take a joke....no sense responding to you
Your post was a joke? I'm pretty sure that most of the participants in this forum look upon us, licensed brokers and appraisers to give accurate responses to their questions and comments. It's important that we come off as educated in our field, with factual statements and information. Maybe you are being more casual, but I didn't see any part of your post as a joke. If you don't have expertise in a particular area, you shouldn't respond as if you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 595 times
Angry Need HELP! inaccurate Appraisal

Recently had an appraisal done. Everything in my house has been updated. It was built in 1952 and is paid off. Trying to do a debt consolidation and the appraisal came back at only $30, 000. There are some foreclosures in the area, so I guess thats what they compared mine to? First they compared my house to foreclosures, abandoned homes and houses that need work before its move in ready and were homes that sold last year. 7 months to 12 months ago..shouldn't it be based on recent sales and actually comparable to my home? My house is nowhere near a dump and is very well maintained. They took pictures and you can obviously see improvements that were made. They said kitchen and bathroom have never been remodeled but who are they trying to kid when they have the pictures to prove? They also have a picture of someone elses garage saying its ours and included an ac unit when we dont have central air. So now even our mortgage guy knows something isnt right so we are doing an appraisal review..more time wasted. My house I believe should be at least $70, 000. We had only a drive by last year done and it was appraised at $58, 000. At least they were somewhat smarter than this company that came here! There are houses for sale around me within a mile that compare to my home and actually are smaller that are for sale between $70-$94, 000 I just dont understand why they would use the very least and dumpiest houses and compare them to mine when mine is in good standing and is maintained and why wouldnt they use recent sales!? Help!!

Old 06-17-2013, 09:24 AM

797 posts, read 3,580,982 times
I always give appraisers some of the best comps for the area when I am having one of my properties appraised for resale or investment reasons. Lots of times the appraisers are coming from other areas and really do not know the neighborhoods in question well, so I offer up 4-5 comps. They do not have to use them, and I have had a few get silly about it, but at the end of the day, it is public information and most use the comps, some, if not all, of them. Works out better.

Because honestly, at the end of the day, what someone is willing to pay is more close to market value than what an appraiser says it should be.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:27 PM

66 posts, read 146,380 times
appraisal is art. can be high can be low. deponds on the appraisor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate