Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Real Estate: agent, realtor, mortgage, rental, luxury townhomes.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 11:44 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,323,438 times

Advertisements

We had a woman look at our house on a Tues. She cam back the following Sat. Her agent sent us info saying it was between our home and another and that she woul let us know either way. Our agent called this agent (after about a week) and the womans agent has not called us back...DO you think that means it is a no go? COuld it be a good thing that we haven't heard in over a week?
If she passed on our home, that is fine but why wouldn't the agent call and tell us as she said she would let us know either way?
Why are some realtors so....not forthcoming with info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 11:51 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,850,472 times
Ok, let's play the negotiating game. my buyer has house a and house b that she likes. Decided to put an offer in on house a, but doesn't say anything to house b. the offer is negotiated, and counters go back and forth... maybe they don't come to terms... Now she wants to put an offer in on house b. I don't want you to know I have been negotiating with house a. I don't want to tip my hand at all.

Shelly

Old 09-28-2007, 11:58 AM

oh...so really is no telling what is going on. It has been two weeks since the first day she looked at the house (spet 11) so I am guessing it is a no go...thanks

Old 09-28-2007, 12:03 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,417,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
oh...so really is no telling what is going on. It has been two weeks since the first day she looked at the house (spet 11) so I am guessing it is a no go...thanks
I wouldn't guess that at all. The people who bought our house in May had looked at it in March- almost two months prior. We didn't hear boo from them the whole time, and then one night they came back to walk through again, and presented an offer.

You never know what's going on, so be patient- I know it's tough.

Bob

Old 09-28-2007, 12:29 PM

It is tough...we are renting right now in the city we moved to for job and paying a mortage...awful! Thinking about slashing price again, but I dont know if that would even help...We signed a new contract with a new realtor 3 weeks ago so hopefully it will sell by Feb!

Old 09-29-2007, 05:59 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,904,439 times
Could be the Realtor is busy, could be the buyer is busy, could be either one is sick, or the buyer hasn't called the Realtor and she has no information, could be they are working on financing issues and aren't ready to present an offer, someone could have had an accident, could be the buyer's on vacation.... could be a host of things. If you have no offer, you have no offer. Just keep going as if they never showed up to begin with.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:53 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,687,903 times
I'm sure it's really tough to speculate. It's really an emotional rollercoaster. I wouldn't think one way or another until an offer is presented. Everything else is worthless posturing.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:39 PM

She made her decision yesterday and is putting in an offer on a single family. Argh. THis market is killing us...We bought a luxury townhome and now singles are at the same price as what we are selling...The singles are smaller and not as nice upgrades, but people are willing to sacrifice for a single...Wish there was something we can do. Just pray the market comes back up and pushes the singles up in price again..

Old 09-30-2007, 10:12 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,744,704 times
Quote:
She made her decision yesterday and is putting in an offer on a single family. Argh. THis market is killing us...We bought a luxury townhome and now singles are at the same price as what we are selling...The singles are smaller and not as nice upgrades, but people are willing to sacrifice for a single...Wish there was something we can do. Just pray the market comes back up and pushes the singles up in price again..

The truth is the market is not coming up in the short term. Too much inventory and not enough qualified buyers. And your timeline doesn't help because winter is coming which things usually slow down.

Either your house doesn't show well or your price is not correct (or maybe a combination of the two)

Its a "tired" line used here but truer words won't be spoken. Your home is only worth what the market will bear.

You need to have a serious sit down w/your realtor.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:12 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,330,761 times
Quote:
We had a woman look at our house on a Tues. She cam back the following Sat. Her agent sent us info saying it was between our home and another and that she woul let us know either way. Our agent called this agent (after about a week) and the womans agent has not called us back...DO you think that means it is a no go? COuld it be a good thing that we haven't heard in over a week?
If she passed on our home, that is fine but why wouldn't the agent call and tell us as she said she would let us know either way?
Why are some realtors so....not forthcoming with info!
I'm sorry, twinmma, that the buyers chose a sgl fam home over your nice condo. It might possibly have been your price, because unfortunately condos have a bad rep right now, and most buyers probably choose to purchase a sfh if it's within their budget and they don't mind the yardwork. That being said, though, condo ownership can be a perfect fit for some folks' lifestyle.

I'm kind of thinking your agent missed the boat, here. At the time that the buyer's agent said that the buyer had it narrowed down to your home and another, your agent should have asked what you could do to "sweeten the pot" and get that buyer more interested in yours. I think Shelly read it right that it was "negotation time".

I'm sorry this one didn't work out for you. I hope you get some good action on your condo with your new agent. Also, I agree with CouponJack that a hard review of the comps is in order before you relist.

Best wishes for a quick sale in the near future!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate