Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 04:47 PM

3 posts, read 4,915 times

Advertisements

I dont think there is a "yelp" for agents...Use your good judgement and look for someone with quality and will work for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 04:52 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
Don't you believe EVERY Realtor's claims that they are Number One?

Old 02-09-2013, 06:22 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hype-r-29 View Post
I dont think there is a "yelp" for agents...Use your good judgement and look for someone with quality and will work for you.
Some agents are listed individually on Yelp.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:37 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcake4 View Post
I looked on the Arizona Dept of Real Estate and it gives me current info on licensing and whether or not someone has had any complaints filed, but no info on how many closings, what types of sales (short sales, foreclosures).
ADRE is a regulatory agency (State). They DO NOT KEEP stats you are asking for. I know of no State regulatory agency that does.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:37 AM

2,636 posts, read 7,433,232 times
You could ask them to bring a list from the MLS of homes they have sold.
There are a couple of top producers in my area that have a negative reputation, and are starting to lose their past clients from some of their practices.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:33 PM

936 posts, read 2,202,898 times
Our MLS allows us to search for transactions based upon the participants. So any agent could pull up stats for any other agent. You could always ask the competing agents to provide you with stastics on the other agents.

Other than that, if you were pleased with the agent you used in the past then I'd suggest staying with her. Of course, ask her any questions you may have about her ability on the selling side.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:57 AM

820 posts, read 1,069,044 times
The process to buy a home is totally different than the marketing it takes to sell a home!

Some agents are experienced and able to do both effectively while others are not.

The best is to compare actual written marketing plans for each agent. As for copies of their flyers, and Google their listings to see how they show up (if they show up).

You can also check with the Better Business Bureau for both them and their brokerage (company).

I agree with others that volume does not equate to better. If that was true, McDonald's would serve the best burgers on the planet and Walmart would offer the best service (grin).

One thing you might do if you are bold enough is to tell each agent that you are interviewing who you are considering and ask them to vote for one (other than themselves).

Be wary of some of the online testimonials and references since I have seen a lot of those turn out to be from family members and friends, not actual clients!

Old 02-16-2013, 07:21 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,922,371 times
Some of the best agents I know only handle a handful of transactions a year. The ones that do the highest volume are the same ones that don't return phone calls or are the most difficult to reach, except when they have an offer to present.

But to aid in your research, most Board of Realtors have an annual awards gala for the top producers. Your timing is a bit off, because most of those events are taking place in March and April for the prior year. Once the winners are announced, most BOR's post the winners on their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate