Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 AM

775 posts, read 1,259,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Honestly Both....- Just in a dilemma right now......*hugesigh*
No dilemma here. Let it go. Like PP said, youre not going to get the $$ back you put into it for repairs.
Bring the price down to appraised value, sell it amd be done. Otherwise stay above the comps and appraisal and hang onto it or take it off the market completely
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 12:38 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,224,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
Bottom line: You wanna live your life?? Leave it. Lock it up. Move and go rent on a long term lease. You will be able to purchase again, FHA, 2 years after the date of the foreclosure. Use your credit to obtain whatever accounts/car you need in the next 60 days. You really want to pull the trigger on your life instead of the title of this thread, pull the trigger on that.

** And I really don't want to hear it about this post. I've spoken to probably a dozen homeowners since 2006 who have told me very specifically how they wanted to kill themselves, but suicide nullified their life insurance policies, and there would be no net gain for the families they left behind. This is real life.
This is very bad advice, you will NOT be able to qualify for an FHA loan two years after foreclosure.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:47 PM

1,101 posts, read 2,735,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
How are you going to pay the mortgage, title policy, taxes up to date, and 6% to realtors?

You might consider a FSBO sale attempt, noting that you will not pay a buyer's agent, provide prior inspections and appraisals to potential buyers, put as much lipstick as you can on that place, and get out.

Money is nothing compared to time. In the time it took to read this you could have been taking drastic action to GTFO and start living again.

Bottom line: You wanna live your life?? Leave it. Lock it up. Move and go rent on a long term lease. You will be able to purchase again, FHA, 2 years after the date of the foreclosure. Use your credit to obtain whatever accounts/car you need in the next 60 days. You really want to pull the trigger on your life instead of the title of this thread, pull the trigger on that.

** And I really don't want to hear it about this post. I've spoken to probably a dozen homeowners since 2006 who have told me very specifically how they wanted to kill themselves, but suicide nullified their life insurance policies, and there would be no net gain for the families they left behind. This is real life.
Yup, just walk away from your contractual obligations and leave someone else on the hook for your loan. That's the American way.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:55 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,075,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoFanMe View Post
This is very bad advice, you will NOT be able to qualify for an FHA loan two years after foreclosure.
It's currently 3 years after the foreclosure reverts back to the bank that a borrower is eligible for a new FHA loan.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:21 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,806,558 times
Not gonna walk away from it...Not crazy....Dont want a foreclosure on my record....Sorry but no thanks.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:36 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,323,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Not gonna walk away from it...Not crazy....Dont want a foreclosure on my record....Sorry but no thanks.
Well then deal with it. I laid out your options perfectly. You're welcome.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:42 PM

Have you really sat down and thought about why you're hanging on to the house you don't want? If you'd sold a year ago you could be living in a better area, and maybe bought a house that actually went up in value.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:31 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarch View Post
It's currently 3 years after the foreclosure reverts back to the bank that a borrower is eligible for a new FHA loan.
May be eligible, just like I am eligible to become an astronaut, but the chances of actually qualifying are slim to none.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
May be eligible, just like I am eligible to become an astronaut, but the chances of actually qualifying are slim to none.
Interestingly, a friend sold his condo to an FHA buyer exactly 3 years out of foreclosure. It happens.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:29 PM

524 posts, read 843,773 times
Same as everyone says-just get rid of it and suck it up OR decide the $ is more important and hold on in place for awhile. Poop or get off the pot.

Best wishes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate