Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 08:35 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,281,848 times

Advertisements

It would be funny if you said, "Oh? Well I don't want to deprive someone of their dream home. I'll just pull my offer and look for something else to buy..." How much do you want to bet that they'd start stammering like a drunken parrot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 08:43 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
Out here we typically use highest and best addenda signed by the sellers, so are y'all saying that sellers are in cahoots with agents?

OP, you can always ask for the call for highest and best to be put in writing and signed by the seller.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:49 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_Whut View Post
Color me skeptical.
Looked through my extensive Crayola coloring crayons box and I can't find that color. What exact shade is that

Old 10-22-2013, 09:33 PM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
It would be funny if you said, "Oh? Well I don't want to deprive someone of their dream home. I'll just pull my offer and look for something else to buy..." How much do you want to bet that they'd start stammering like a drunken parrot?
Well, there's a time and a place for many ploys.
We just don't have enough inventory for many buyers to be confident that they will easily find something else they like.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:35 PM

469 posts, read 1,037,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Out here we typically use highest and best addenda signed by the sellers, so are y'all saying that sellers are in cahoots with agents?

OP, you can always ask for the call for highest and best to be put in writing and signed by the seller.
Now this I like. And oddly enough, my agent was ready to go verbal on an offer increase. I admit, last week it was 5000 more, and I was going to offer 5000 more, but then Coldwell Banker tried to charge me a junk fee, and I didn't sign, She stated that she would absorb the junk fee, but then several days later, I saw they had lowered the price by 5000. So I offered 5000 less to begin with. I'm trying to get the best price, and get instant equity, but I can also live any city in my budget including some Asian destinations. Can go get a retirement visa tomorrow, as a matter of fact. I am a cash buyer, too, so expect an appropriate discount for that, too.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:38 PM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post

What is the content of such an addendum?
Does the seller reveal the number of offers, and offer any guidance?

Or is it just a disclosure that there is more than one offer?
Is the addendum binding in any way on the seller?

Old 10-22-2013, 10:01 PM

150 posts, read 343,854 times
Two houses we looked at all of a sudden had offers coming in, so if we were interested we should make an offer that day. These houses were not good, one needed a can of gas and a match and the other was just as bad. We were not remotely interested and they are still on the market 30 days later. I told my agent on the one we bought, don't even think about telling us there is another offer.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:18 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,866,481 times
When we bought our house, it had been on the market 6 months with one price reduction 2 months prior. While we were in the process of submitting a written offer, our agent got word that another offer had just been submitted. So coincidences do happen!

Thankfully, the seller chose to negotiate with us (we were cash buyers, no contingencies except for inspection) and we ended up with the house. So although it is suspicious and frustrating, it does happen!

Good luck!

Old 10-22-2013, 10:53 PM

502 posts, read 896,379 times
Quote:
Sounds highly unlikely to me if it's been on the market for 4.5 months already. Color me skeptical.

Why wouldn't they show you the offer (just with the names blacked out)?

I'd hold firm unless I thought the place was worth a lot more than I offered. I think there is some sort of escalation clause that can be attached, but I don't trust the other realtor to not fake incoming offers.
In NC you can not show a buyer another buyer's offer. The offer belongs to the buyer and can only be shared with the offerer's permission.

You have to make the offer you are comfortable with. If the property is worth it to you, make your best offer. If you don't care if you lose the property - don't.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:35 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
That's about all you can do... never pay more than you can live with.

If it is not meant to be... so be it.

I've chased a few properties and the only one benefiting was the seller... some with standard listings, others were bank owned and others in probate court.

Only one do I still think about and the seller kept me as backup and I did offer 100k over the accepted offer... just my bad luck on timing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate