Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 02:38 PM

117 posts, read 270,618 times

Advertisements

My husband and his deceased mother purchased 3 acres of undeveloped land 40 years ago in Polk County, Fl near Davenport because his brother was selling them (that's another story). We have been paying the very small taxes on them since then and periodically we get calls from someone asking if we want to sell. A few months ago, a rep from Global Land Investments called and gave a sales pitch to my husband who is naive in how the internet works. Basically, for a sum of $895 payable up front, this group will market your land in publications, notably Land for sale, acreage for sale, lots for sale, farms for sale at LandWatch.com. They are not realtors. He gave them his cc # but I walked in just then and had him tell the rep he changed his mind, hang up and cancel the order with the cc company which he did and they never processed the fee. Few weeks later, Global Land sends us a contract to sign which we did not. So, last week I get a call from a young woman in FL wanting to buy our 1.39 acre of land in Davenport which was listed for sale by Global Land Investments! She was shocked when I told her it certainly was not for sale and told me where she's seen the listing. So I went to landwatch.com and there it was! I'm stunned and don't know what my next step should be. Any thoughts? Thanks....Kathy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 03:56 PM

3,608 posts, read 7,922,824 times
Improbable coincidences can happen. However I am guessing that you will be asked for some of your money by someone before you see any of theirs. Proceed with great caution.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:48 PM

469 posts, read 1,037,509 times
You could list it yourself on landwatch, united country, and lotnetwork for almost nothing, FSBO. Keep an eye on your credit card activity. Never pay upfront to sell something like that, unless it is a very small amount for an ad. Those are legit sites, though.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 6,721 times
My parents have me researching this co. Rep called them today about a parcel in ar., they have owned for years. Not up for sale currently. Rep wanted 848$ for misc surveys paper work so on, up front. They wouldn't mind selling but with these guys , who are they, how did they find my parents, and why. Just sounds off. So they asked me to find any info. Antone have anything else on this co.?

Old 03-02-2014, 03:52 AM

5,046 posts, read 9,622,618 times
About the credit card bill. Don't look only for $895, which would jump out at you. Look for more like $9.95 or something low with an unfamiliar but "oh, well, I guess we owe it" business beside it. Places like this will bill low and constantly so as not to cause alarm. Enough people around the country not noticing or shrugging it off and they do make money.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:07 AM

4 posts, read 12,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Dohring View Post
My parents have me researching this co. Rep called them today about a parcel in ar., they have owned for years. Not up for sale currently. Rep wanted 848$ for misc surveys paper work so on, up front. They wouldn't mind selling but with these guys , who are they, how did they find my parents, and why. Just sounds off. So they asked me to find any info. Antone have anything else on this co.?
Never pay anyone upfront to sell your property. All they will do is put it on free listing sites if they even do that.
Most probably they will just charge the $848 and that will be the extent of what they do.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:55 AM

117 posts, read 270,618 times
I would not give them any permission and certainly not your credit card #. When I called this company back immediately after my husband fell for this and gave them his cc # (within minutes) the manager was rude and obnoxious and then begqan raising his voice to me. While I was on the phone with him, my husband contacted our cc company and but a ban on any interaction with this company and denied the charge. Thankfully we did this so quickly and it never appeared on our statement. What shocked me a few months later was a call from someone wanting to purchase our land that she saw for sale on some website!! I checked and there it was. I think they troll public land tax records to find people who would fall for their scheme. If your parents want to sell, they should do it through reputable sources.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 6,304 times
Exclamation they are trying again

I just received a phone call from Maxwell Perrio claiming to be a salesman for global land investments wanting $850, but refused to come up with any valid verification of who he was. This indicates to me that it is a 99% chance of being phony. A legitimate salesman with a buyer would be wanting to validate who he was.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 4,891 times
Default Global Land Investments

I had a call from Global Land Investments....at a weak moment, and they are pushy....I paid them 1500 dollars to market a property I had for sale.

After a bit of research on your site, I found this thread and was very grateful as something just did not feel right.

I called to cancel the transaction and they were again...pushy. They passed me from one associate to another and the price kept decreasing. Their "final offer" was 500 dollars for the same marketing. I again told them NO, I was not interested and to cancel my transaction.

One of their associates told me that he had 4 offers yesterday...the same day that I paid the 1500 dollars. I told him, that's ok....thanks but refund my money.

One of their phone numbers was a disconnected number and they have several addresses in Largo that look like those UPS store mailbox addresses.

I SAY BUYER BEWARE! Thanks for posting!

Old 11-11-2014, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 4,269 times
Now, they are calling themselves Nationwide Land Investments or there is another company with the same scam, beware!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate