Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 08:46 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,272,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
Okay, I know what it is. It's a Trelora thing. The same couple of sentences start the listings through Trelora that I have come upon. Seems like there is a reputation or a fear on the part of agents regarding how much commission they will make and, therefore, a certain amount of "steering away".

I don't understand what you mean. If I'm the buyer, the seller's agent's commission means nothing to me. I just looked at their website. Says they are commission-free. My guess is that there is zero curb appeal on this house so they're showing the garage as the external aesthetic appeal. Usually when there's something wrong, a listing will not exactly spell out what the negative factor is and will highlight the amenities. I looked at almost 50 homes before I bought my house. "Cozy" and "intimate" are infamous words in the real estate business. I don't think commission is the problem here. House looks like it's located in a very good school district (I'm basing that on ratings, as I do not live in Denver).

I looked at other houses they are listing. These are all featured from the front and have much better curb appeal. The descriptions do not say anything about being steered away.

https://www.redfin.com/CO/Denver/204.../home/40010562

https://www.redfin.com/CO/Denver/773.../home/34230002

https://www.redfin.com/CO/Denver/803.../home/34003905

Notice on this one they say "charming". Landscaping is terrible and there is one picture of the front of the house shown at a distance. Back of the house isn't so spiffy either.

https://www.redfin.com/CO/Denver/280.../home/34046586
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 08:58 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,409,429 times
I wonder what goes on in the following (from the description) "features familial room" Perhaps this is regional?

Old 09-18-2014, 09:09 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,678,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
This is very strange but maybe it's a "stigma" house and locals know the story. That's what hit me.

FWIW, I think the second sentence is very weird too, it would be 100% better to highlight the amenities, and then tell them to talk to their broker about seeing it - NOT making an offer....bizarre!
I initially thought the same. I have searched the address and not come up with any scandals connected to the address.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:29 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,304,343 times
At least per Google Maps, the front of the house is far more attractive than the photo in the listing.

So between the oddly worded listing description, and the questionable choices to use blurry and unappealing photos, including a shot of the back of the house/garage as the main photo, and the fact that this house has been sitting for a while in what is usually a quick selling area in the hot Denver real estate market, it still makes me wonder what is going on.
Attached Thumbnails
Wouldn't you love to know the back story here?-google-maps-uinta.jpg  

Old 09-18-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
At least per Google Maps, the front of the house is far more attractive than the photo in the listing.

So between the oddly worded listing description, and the questionable choices to use blurry and unappealing photos, including a shot of the back of the house/garage as the main photo, and the fact that this house has been sitting for a while in what is usually a quick selling area in the hot Denver real estate market, it still makes me wonder what is going on.

Interesting. I'm curious to know which is the most recent photo. I wouldn't even look twice at that house based on the picture from the website. So either the picture is the turnoff or it's the lack of backyard.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Interesting. I'm curious to know which is the most recent photo. I wouldn't even look twice at that house based on the picture from the website. So either the picture is the turnoff or it's the lack of backyard.
Oh, I meant to comment on the yard and proximity to the neighbors. This house is located in the Stapleton area of Denver, which is a planned community on the site of the old airport. It is deliberately built with small yards and the houses very close together. The idea is to encourage people to utilize the abundant public greenspace more than private yards. So while it looks like this lot may be slightly smaller than the average lot size in Stapleton, it's really nothing out of the ordinary and not something a buyer who is looking in the area would not know to expect.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Oh, I meant to comment on the yard and proximity to the neighbors. This house is located in the Stapleton area of Denver, which is a planned community on the site of the old airport. It is deliberately built with small yards and the houses very close together. The idea is to encourage people to utilize the abundant public greenspace more than private yards. So while it looks like this lot may be slightly smaller than the average lot size in Stapleton, it's really nothing out of the ordinary and not something a buyer who is looking in the area would not know to expect.

Ah, ok. That kind of makes sense. I'm from NY--backyards are a big deal for us LOL

Do you think it's the landscaping then? Honestly, I've bypassed houses with bad curb appeal. With this house, I can't get past looking at that "fence" and dead grass. I wonder how old the Google Map picture is. I can't imagine the agent using an old picture if the front of the house has been updated.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:56 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,799,610 times
I would want to know why they spent all that $$$ updating the inside to look so nice......

Old 09-18-2014, 11:21 AM

3,198 posts, read 13,426,152 times
Quote:
No, that's the worst part. The garage photo is the back of the house, with the garage on an alleyway! There is actually a lovely front entrance to the home that should be highlighted but which is not even shown at all in the listing.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7495...CSu6kS7JoA!2e0
oh no! that' is bad!!

Old 09-18-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
I would want to know why they spent all that $$$ updating the inside to look so nice......
??? It's newer construction, only 8 years old. Or did you mean the upgrades? I personally think that wet bar in the basement is ridiculous but obviously the original owner must have liked it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate