Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 02:39 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,648,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I'd bet good money that the incident six months ago was over her wanting out. He realizes he's not the star of Flip or Flop, so not only is he losing the woman he loves and his kids, but his TV career.

I keep seeing that commercial where she carries on about the holidays and watching movies with the family and hanging with the family... You'd think they'd pull that one off the air.
He will also be losing the house and a lot of money also. He gets to pay for her to remain in the house, date another guy, and child support for the kids.

Her designs were all the same anyway from house to house, but yet she thought she was this great designer. Now she is on to spend the new boyfriend's money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 07:21 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,577,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Assorted colors of gray are the best selling colors at the paint store. Gray is in right now. Industrial is in right now as is the open floor plan. Eventually the fad will pass, as all fads do.

I cringe when I see the coat of paint going onto a brick wall. I wouldn't buy painted brick, but somebody is buying it.
Not when the whole house is done in gray. The mark of the flipper. Esp difficult when the things that are expensive to replace are also gray, like the counters and floor ceramic tile. All gray. That's not how colors are used in homes. There's supposed to be a color scheme...from 3 to 5 colors, with different of those colors accentuated in the different rooms. The color scheme starts with the outside, continues in, and flows from room to room. Each room is in the main color scheme, but accentuates different colors in the scheme. Few homeowners do their entire house, including the exterior, in one color.

Example: I was looking at pics online of a flipper in another city I was interested in. Painted gray exterior...you know the drill. The whole house was done in gray and white. However, they did leave the original wood floors, so there was that (sometimes the flippers even stain the floors gray...and in one, they PAINTED the bamboo floors black). I then did a Google walk around the neighborhood. What had seemed like an okay flip turned into a cookie cutter thing. I saw on that street and the next street 4 to 6 homes that looked the same...the exact same exterior brick painted light gray, white trim, etc. What had been a neighborhood of older cottage type homes (1950) was now a flipper neighborhood, where the homes were now all cookie cutter gray homes. Very blah. The homes could have been renovated to maintain their original charm or uniqueness, but that's not what flippers do.

A house two streets over, however, had been renovated by its owners. It had the original reddish-orange brick, white trim, original wood floors, painted inside in different neutral tones (not the same color paint in every room...but a lot of the walls were white). THAT home sold in about two weeks. It was awesome. I would've gone to see it to buy, but it had almost no yard, and I need a yard. The flipper, tho, is still on the market and has reduced its price. Anyone want a bland gray house that looks like the bland gray house next to it, and the bland gray house next to that one?

Old 12-16-2016, 07:29 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,577,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
He will also be losing the house and a lot of money also. He gets to pay for her to remain in the house, date another guy, and child support for the kids.

Her designs were all the same anyway from house to house, but yet she thought she was this great designer. Now she is on to spend the new boyfriend's money.
Sounds like she's the one with the money, if she has a tv show.

Of COURSE he has to support his kids, just like she does. The kids eat, have medical bills, need clothes, have social events, use utilities in the house, require a space to live in. A spouse's child support doesn't pay for all of a child's needs. The custodial parent pays a lot, too, and has the responsibility to spend the time to care for them. He can pay his bill and go out bar hopping, with no worries about kids to take care of.

If he didn't want to take care of kids, he shouldn't have had them.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:35 PM

9,373 posts, read 6,972,249 times
This is the guy he caught her banging on the side. Apparently he grabbed the pistol after he walked in on him laying some pipe with Christina.

She broke her family over this guy of all people?

Old 12-17-2016, 09:25 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,648,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

Of COURSE he has to support his kids, just like she does. The kids eat, have medical bills, need clothes, have social events, use utilities in the house, require a space to live in. A spouse's child support doesn't pay for all of a child's needs. The custodial parent pays a lot, too, and has the responsibility to spend the time to care for them. He can pay his bill and go out bar hopping, with no worries about kids to take care of.

If he didn't want to take care of kids, he shouldn't have had them.
Maybe he actually is the better parent, who knows. Divorce almost always penalizes the man more than the woman. She will be living her current lifestyle, while he will end up paying more than his share for her and the kids.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:29 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,524,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
This is the guy he caught her banging on the side. Apparently he grabbed the pistol after he walked in on him laying some pipe with Christina.

She broke her family over this guy of all people?
Is that Danny Bonaduce?

Old 12-19-2016, 02:26 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,013,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Is that Danny Bonaduce?
No it is not. He just looks like him.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:54 PM

210 posts, read 303,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swfl_native View Post
this is the guy he caught her banging on the side. apparently he grabbed the pistol after he walked in on him laying some pipe with christina.

she broke her family over this guy of all people?
link?

Old 12-20-2016, 04:52 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,750,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
It's an interesting enough show to have on in the background, even if totally fictional, but I'm interested to know how realistic the show is. I'm interested in:

1) how close to actual events are those shown in the series. Is it like House Hunters where most of it is staged for the camera, are the events mostly real but re-shot for the show, or are the events shown filmed extemporaneously and significantly edited to make a compelling show?

2) how realistic is it for someone to make a living doing this sort of thing? I'd have to imagine flipping either requires a crazy upward market, some special set of skills, a lot of grinding, or probably some combination of all three (FWIW I'm asking out of curiosity and have absolutely no desire to start flipping houses). The show makes it look relatively easy--is that really the case?

3) how are they paying so little for repairs and renovations? Is LA just cheaper for this sort of thing than Boston, do they get better rates because they generate a lot of business, or is it just low to make more compelling television?
I think they pay a lot for the renovations. Lately they've been spending up to $150K on the backyard alone including pools of course, plus another $100K or more on the inside. I don't think buying a home for $500K and spending $300k is worth it to possibly make $100k profit. That's a lot of risk, recently on one home they only made about $10K profit.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:55 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,750,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

They have or had the show together as well as being real estate agents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate