Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2015, 11:51 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,079,089 times

Advertisements

I wish there was a system to give feedback to sellers. Sure, you can tell your agent and maybe they will tell the listing agent who may tell the seller - but maybe not.

Wouldn't it be nice for something like Zillow or Realtor to have a way to post feedback.

Yeah, I know. Some people suck and will abuse it. That's why it's just a wish...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 12:02 PM

9,361 posts, read 14,111,535 times
That is why sellers hire agents. They do not want to deal with direct feedback.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:33 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,814,092 times
There are sites out there that allow buyers to input feedback. However, on the agent side in most MLSs, when a listing is entered, there is a check box that every agent should check to NOT allow "third party feedback". It's a disservice to your seller to have negative feedback floating out there on the web when it might not be representative of the home. Maybe it's a disgruntled neighbor trying to hinder the sale.

You might be thinking you have good intentions, but in the big picture, it's a horrible idea which is why they give us the option to opt out of it.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:34 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
That's what we are here for!

Old 01-06-2015, 12:43 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,079,089 times
veuve, I know. Lol.

The straw broke yesterday when I viewed a house that was clearly a flip.

A bad flip. A cheap flip. A "don't buy close out stuff at Home Depot and try to make it work when it doesn't match" flip.

When I get back home I'll post a few pictures... It was comically tragic.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:14 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
There are sites out there that allow buyers to input feedback. However, on the agent side in most MLSs, when a listing is entered, there is a check box that every agent should check to NOT allow "third party feedback". It's a disservice to your seller to have negative feedback floating out there on the web when it might not be representative of the home. Maybe it's a disgruntled neighbor trying to hinder the sale.

You might be thinking you have good intentions, but in the big picture, it's a horrible idea which is why they give us the option to opt out of it.
In my area the seller, not the listing agent, decides to allow third party feedback or not. The listing agent educates the seller as to why public feedback from anonymous people who may or may not have seen the property, is not in the seller's best interest.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
I wish there was a system to give feedback to sellers. Sure, you can tell your agent and maybe they will tell the listing agent who may tell the seller - but maybe not.

Wouldn't it be nice for something like Zillow or Realtor to have a way to post feedback.

Yeah, I know. Some people suck and will abuse it. That's why it's just a wish...
Are you a seller or a buyer?

Old 01-06-2015, 04:44 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
My thought is NEVER trust a seller or even a seller's agent. Get your own buyers agent who will work for you. Then have detailed inspections done and go from there.

Also, when it comes to seller's feedback, as a buyer I didn't even know the seller's name until I received the signed document accepting our offer. You really need to do your own due diligence. If you walk into a house and see a random assortment of 'new' fixtures and other 'new' items, chances are the current owner slapped this stuff on to try and help with the sale. As for flippers, your agent should be able to help with past sales on the house. If you see that it has been sold multiple times within a few months, this should be a red flag. This doesn't mean it was a bad flip, just that chances are it was a flip. Again, due diligence. This is arguably the largest purchase you will ever make in your live. You need to treat it as such and not rely on some online review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate