Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 08:54 PM

32 posts, read 48,206 times

Advertisements

I had a little story that happened to us when we were looking to buy a home a few years ago. I sold my first home and money was in the bank started looking and hired a lady realtor older lady 78 she was great took me all around town and checking out houses...no problem then we found the perfect one. just big enough, two garages, clean etc... we called the realtor she happened to be the part of the ownership of the house mother in law house I believe. she met us showed us the house. I told her what I would do to the house is I bought it. new paint remodel bathroom and kitchen her words that would be lovely we all stepped outside and she went to her car and just left..no words or goodbye just left. thought it was strange but didn't worry. I made a bid low ball offer 10,000 lower than listed price. It was accepted by realtor/owners family. So, I bought a house paid cash and went by realtors office to give her the money and talk. she was to busy to talk and leave the check with front desk. still didn't think anything. Then I called and asked for keys to house it was empty for long time and I wanted to start getting the house in order and out of hotel I was staying in. Realtor finally had word left for me If I can afford a hotel I can wait for closing for the keys...no way she was giving me the keys ahead of time. I was shocked. I just happened to go by my new house and they were doing a termite check and keys were on table so I did get the keys ahead. realtor never showed up at closing either she never saw or talk to me again still not sure what happened. was she pissed about low ball price or my remarks to paint and change the house. not sure... she called my 78 year old realtor and told her to quit stalking her and calling her at work...we were shocked.

so, beware of realtors who own the house more emotionally involved that just a regular realtor. I'm ready to buy again this year 2015 my lady realtor 78 is passed away so looking for another good realtor

you have realtor horror stores...love to hear them

M B
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 09:50 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,249,096 times
It's standard practice to not give buyer the keys until after closing, because what if something happens and the deal collapses? Better safe than sorry.

As for the behavior of the listing agent, sounds like she sees no reason to be extra nice because she's not your agent. She was probably thinking she was doing your agent a favor by showing the house to you when it should be your agent's job.

As for her complaint of your agent stalking her. Dunno what happened there.

Btw, why are you the one dealing with the listing agent? It should be your agent's job.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:42 PM

502 posts, read 897,404 times
Why in the world would she give you the keys before closing? Why would you give her the cash at her office before closing? Wouldn't you need to sign papers?

Your story doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:26 AM

9,884 posts, read 14,154,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanne72856 View Post
I was shocked. I just happened to go by my new house and they were doing a termite check and keys were on table so I did get the keys ahead.
So, you stole the keys?

Old 03-14-2015, 05:44 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,275,348 times
Glad to see that after many years (with the help of intense therapy I'm sure) you have recovered from such a traumatic event, and you can finally speak out and tell your story.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:33 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,308,959 times
Was this in the U.S.? Seriously? The whole part about how you are dropping off money at the desk, asking for keys before closing, ect... that's not how it works. "That's not how any of this works"! I love that commercial...

Old 03-14-2015, 12:12 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,902,527 times
Alot of realtors are a little...nuts. I don't know...it seems like there are the ones trying to build an empire and those who are just a little...off.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:42 PM

15,589 posts, read 40,484,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Alot of realtors are a little...nuts. I don't know...it seems like there are the ones trying to build an empire and those who are just a little...off.
As opposed to a home buyer that steals the keys to a house they don't own yet? That's not nuts?

Old 03-14-2015, 02:21 PM

265 posts, read 405,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojow View Post
Why in the world would she give you the keys before closing? Why would you give her the cash at her office before closing? Wouldn't you need to sign papers?

Your story doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.
Maybe that's due to the lack of commas and periods. I have a headache from trying to read/comprehend OP's post (which yes, I agree, makes zero sense).

Crazy realtor post written by what seems to me like a crazy buyer

Old 03-14-2015, 03:40 PM

89 posts, read 83,144 times
The only craziness I see here is whatever it is I just read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate