Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 08:41 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowHope View Post
I thought I had read this situation before:

//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...st-street.html
Looks like OP really got all the answers he needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 10:40 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,122 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...st-street.html

Quit wasting our time by starting new threads about the same topic OP.

Last edited by ForLoveOnly; 04-16-2015 at 10:50 PM..

Old 04-17-2015, 08:54 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Sounds like some actual code violations have been noted. I'm not sure if goat slaughtering is acceptable in your area, but I'd sure call to find out. Better yet, go in person to the code enforcement office with pictures. Sounds like a health issue to me. Broken windows are a violation here, so I'd imagine they are there as well.

OP, unfortunately you just appear to be an angry homeowner who can't sell your house. This is what your local officials are seeing. Find a new way to approach the situation and you might get better results.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:59 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Well, given that I am married to an American of Mexican heritage, yeah, I do know how it is living with Mexicans.

What you have described are LOW CLASS Mexicans. Big difference.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:00 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Sounds like some actual code violations have been noted. I'm not sure if goat slaughtering is acceptable in your area, but I'd sure call to find out. Better yet, go in person to the code enforcement office with pictures. Sounds like a health issue to me. Broken windows are a violation here, so I'd imagine they are there as well.

OP, unfortunately you just appear to be an angry homeowner who can't sell your house. This is what your local officials are seeing. Find a new way to approach the situation and you might get better results.
What other attitude could he take? I'm serious, I'd like to know because I don't get much action out of Code Enforcement either. I thought she just doesn't like to do her job (we have one per area here, so no luck calling again and getting a different officer), but maybe I just have the wrong attitude, because I am angry. I don't yell or do anything towards the CE officer, but my dislike for that group of people I'm complaining about probably comes through.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:22 AM

804 posts, read 1,076,040 times
I know what the op is talking about. we had a Mexican family move into my neighbors house that was renting it out. They owned a roach coach and made the food out of there house. You could smell that place from across the street. Always a million people coming and going. They finally moved out and all is back to normal.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:55 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
See if you can get good deals on lawn mowing and your property maintenance.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:58 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
What other attitude could he take? I'm serious, I'd like to know because I don't get much action out of Code Enforcement either. I thought she just doesn't like to do her job (we have one per area here, so no luck calling again and getting a different officer), but maybe I just have the wrong attitude, because I am angry. I don't yell or do anything towards the CE officer, but my dislike for that group of people I'm complaining about probably comes through.
It would help if I weren't the only one complaining to the officials but, sadly, I am. Coming down on these people apparently makes you "racist" these days, so we're all supposed to join hands and sing Kumbaya...

Old 04-17-2015, 10:02 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,991,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
It would help if I weren't the only one complaining to the officials but, sadly, I am. Coming down on these people apparently makes you "racist" these days, so we're all supposed to join hands and sing Kumbaya...
Earlier you said that the only two houses like this were the two that this guy owns. So doesn't anyone else in the neighborhood care?

Old 04-17-2015, 10:26 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
You tell me! A lot of the residents are elderly (my mother's contemporaries) and won't be around long. Others are afraid of appearing "rude" or "racist." Several complain to me, but won't join me in complaining to anyone who can do anything about it. One neighbor has these kids running all over her lawn and climbing -- breaking -- her trees and yelling constantly and still won't say a word about it. Several are rental properties or houses bought by parents for their adult kids, who also aren't great neighbors. The house on the other side of me and the one across the street from me are for sale, but even they don't try to do anything about improving their chances. One is vacant/abandoned. At any rate, no one is closer to it than I am, having a shared driveway. I will say that the situation is better this summer so far than last. Maybe all those calls I made to the police actually did some good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate