Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 10:08 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,939,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Lack of money management skills is why so many people don't have any money. I could put $50k on a credit card, and might consider it if I knew where the money was coming from to pay it off before I got whacked with the interest. Borrowing $45k is actually pretty easy, and as long as the interest rate is less than 4% plus the mortgage rate, you come out ahead right out of the gate, and way ahead as the loan balance drops.
Sorry if you can put $50,000 on a credit card you are above a whole lot of people already....

And NO borrowing $45,000 is NOT pretty easy to most people.. Just because you can doesn't mean everyone can.. Again please refer tot he silver spoon up the wazoo...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 11:46 AM

2,189 posts, read 3,316,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian4488 View Post
This is why I'm afraid to buy a house. My friend said at her closing they said they calculated wrong and the PMI insurance was $500 a month. If you go in thinking your mortgage is going to be let's say $1500 and then find out you have to add $500 to that and can't afford that? How can they pull that last minute? I've heard a lot if senarios like this. Is that the norm?
I've had my closing costs increase last minute, which is really annoying. But I've closed on several transactions and never had the monthly payment change much. The thing is you can easily calculate that yourself, because you know the loan amount, and interest rate, and loan term. There's a billion free online calculators that will tell you your monthly payment. Then you just have to add in taxes and insurance. I could see if a lender maybe miscalculated taxes and insurance, but again that's readily available information the buyer could double check themselves.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:16 PM

274 posts, read 427,381 times
What's more likely is that she saw her disclosure statement which has the payment and interest, but didn't look at the page with the payment that includes the escrow amount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate