Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 05:25 AM

19 posts, read 42,316 times

Advertisements

I'll keep this short:

I receive the max of $450 a week. Original filed late Sept 2012. About 4k left on claim. Will I receive $450 a week on the tiers? Also, is there going to be that week at the end of the state claim where the amount is not the 2-week $900 because the state benefits has to go down to $0 remaining before the tiers will kick in? I assume that "missing" money will not be paid according to the FAQ stickied in the forums.

Do tiers have a 1 week waiting period like the original state claim or should there be no break in payments every 2 week?
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone12 View Post
Will I receive $450 a week on the tiers?
Yes.
Quote:
The weekly benefit rate remains the same throughout the life of the claim.

//www.city-data.com/forum/25250900-post6.html
Quote:
Also, is there going to be that week at the end of the state claim where the amount is not the 2-week $900 because the state benefits has to go down to $0 remaining before the tiers will kick in?
Yes. CA will send you two claim forms at the end of state benefits. One for that last week, one where the next week is xx'd out. CA will then send you another set of bi-weekly claim forms beginning EUC. Sometimes, CA sends the first week of Tier 1 as a stand-alone week. We get varying reports.

Quote:
Do tiers have a 1 week waiting period like the original state claim or should there be no break in payments every 2 week?
Waiting weeks apply to state benefits, not EUC.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 AM

19 posts, read 42,316 times
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment