Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 04:46 AM

335 posts, read 376,783 times

Advertisements

I am terminating my contract post inspection. A dishonest disclosure along with water damage is sending me running. It really pays to go along with the inspector and have a contractor friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 09:58 AM

731 posts, read 958,710 times
Am curious as to who your inspector is? Can you PM me?

Thanks!

Old 07-17-2015, 09:12 AM

yes I will

Old 07-17-2015, 10:06 AM

Water damage was from a leaking shower pan. I credit an honest neighbor whom I spoke with. My luck she just happened to give me the low down as she rented the place for a year before buying the house next door. So go on your home inspections and knock on doors and talk to people. This saved me a great deal of headache and money. Even though home inspector found water damage his solution of merely sealing the tiles is just stupid. After I get settled I might takes this seller to court for my home inspection fee and make him pay it. His dishonesty which I can prove in court she be interesting. As he should of disclosed the water leak since he called a repair man to fix it.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:59 AM

719 posts, read 1,567,702 times
You're going to take somebody to court over a few hundred bucks? You must have a lot more time on your hands than I do.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:09 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,708,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdoo View Post
Water damage was from a leaking shower pan. I credit an honest neighbor whom I spoke with. My luck she just happened to give me the low down as she rented the place for a year before buying the house next door. So go on your home inspections and knock on doors and talk to people. This saved me a great deal of headache and money. Even though home inspector found water damage his solution of merely sealing the tiles is just stupid. After I get settled I might takes this seller to court for my home inspection fee and make him pay it. His dishonesty which I can prove in court she be interesting. As he should of disclosed the water leak since he called a repair man to fix it.
You could go to court but you probably won't win and likely not worth the few hundred bucks you stand to gain. You won't be able to establish the seller willfully withheld knowledge of major damage, especially since your inspector noted the fix was as easy as sealing the tiles. Consider yourself lucky for discovering it and move on.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:08 PM

You don't get it do you. The money means nothing. Its the lack of proper disclosure that lead to the offer and inspection. I am having my realtor petition this guy for the money. If he doesn't pay up I will sue him in small claims. Some unsuspecting buyer will get burned here because of his dishonesty. You know what happens if someone buys this and moves in. the leak will eventually rot the floor and it will fall through. I believe in fighting for things that are right not cowering down.

Furthermore the Inspector is not a qualified plumber who can offer any type of remedy. The only thing he can do is find things and refer it to the proper specialized personnel. I have consulted a master plumber as well as a master tile installer and both agreed as to the pictures showing the swelling of the wood that the integrity of the shower pan has been compromised. Also on the disclosure which he signed and dated he purposefully mislead on other items that have been proven false.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:33 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,708,187 times
I get it. You're going to waste yours and others time and money in court, lose, and accomplish nothing. This idealistic battle you think you're fighting won't matter.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:32 PM

43 posts, read 53,524 times
Holy cow you're freaking nuts. Like, certifiable. Have you even ever purchased a house before? You sound like a total newb.

This is the type of mentality that is prominent in California, that I am trying to get away from, and I assume everyone else is trying to get away from. In other words, we're trying to get away from people like you.

Browsing through this forum time and time again you see people say "I'm not trying to bring California with me" or "I'm not going to change Idaho." Well guess what buddy... you're doing EXACTLY THAT.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:46 PM

863 posts, read 2,993,382 times
Can I ask who selected the inspector? Generally its the buyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate