Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2015, 09:11 AM

6,453 posts, read 9,816,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It springs from working in the trades and in the field for years, and having people tell me they do that.

So basically you made it up? meh whatever lol

I should have known it wasn't a real fact coming from you anyway, but thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 09:19 AM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
Yawn.

This meaningless thread is far too long and boring.
It keeps the demi-trolls occupied, so it serves the public well.
It's a sort of CD Real Estate version of "Politics and Other Aberrations" for anonymous folks with nothing to offer.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
It keeps the demi-trolls occupied, so it serves the public well.
It's a sort of CD Real Estate version of "Politics and Other Aberrations" for anonymous folks with nothing to offer.

I think you are hilarious when you don't have a real reply to postings lol

I know you feel that only agents have anything to offer but just like your reply about service providers, its just something you are making up with no real merit. again.

So now go pull a few big words out to deflect and name call again. Its getting to be your MO on here lately.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:45 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,736,582 times
Quote:
It springs from working in the trades and in the field for years, and having people tell me they do that.
Well, that's enough for me. Case closed

My co-workers cousin's daughter's boyfriend says othewise. And he is a pretty trustworthy guy when he isn't getting high.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:01 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
A good agent/broker can get the property closed.

In my case... several homes that I bought were only found because my Agent said she had something I might be interested in...

Early this year we lost are almost 102 neighbor... she had been a widow since she was 80 and they bought the home new in 1958.

The morning she was to go in and sign she died from a heart attack... the loan docks, inspections, documents are all in...

I was actually the person that told the buyers because I saw them with their parents across the street and mentioned she had passed away a few hours ago.

The two brokers involved had 20+ years in the community and the listing one use to mow the lawns there as a kid.

They had a meeting at the Title Company and they were able to persuade the deal to close... otherwise the buyers would have been in limbo...

Again... a good agent/broker is worth every penny not only to close a property but in avoiding pitfalls.

This comes from a person that has bought and sold with and without brokerage...

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 12-23-2015 at 07:00 PM..

Old 12-23-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post

My co-workers cousin's daughter's boyfriend says othewise. And he is a pretty trustworthy guy when he isn't getting high.

Someone is going to be calling you names on here soon as well lol

Old 12-23-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I think you are hilarious when you don't have a real reply to postings lol

I know you feel that only agents have anything to offer but just like your reply about service providers, its just something you are making up with no real merit. again.

So now go pull a few big words out to deflect and name call again. Its getting to be your MO on here lately.
Good agents help consumers through stuff like this.
//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...l#post42379915

See it is better to corral people with little or nothing to offer in one place.
When they slip outside their comfort range, they often post misleading stuff, like in that thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Closing, title insurance and service fees are normally the buyer costs. People get confused when seller is giving money towards closing costs (which those fees are) . State tax transfer is seller unless specified in the contract.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post

Glad to help with my direct experience and from a sober perspective!

Old 12-23-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Good agents help consumers through stuff like this.
//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...l#post42379915

See it is better to corral people with little or nothing to offer in one place.
When they slip outside their comfort range, they often post misleading stuff, like in that thread.

Nothing misleading there lol ( I did see that you edited your response after it matched most of what I had already said lol nice try on that one)

Thank you for not calling me names this time!!!!! You are making progress sir!! +1 for maturity this time!

Now if we can just keep you to the facts and stop the making stuff up nonsense lol

Old 12-23-2015, 11:23 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,736,582 times
Quote:
Glad to help with my direct experience and from a sober perspective!
So you wouldn't mind taking a lower commission if you had a listing in a less-affluent area?

Or maybe work on flat rate?

(No need to answer, it's a rhetorical question)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate