Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 05:24 PM

447 posts, read 433,386 times

Advertisements

Hi there, I live a condo town home, my next door neighbor seems to like listening music with woofer base speaker which causes some vibration problem to me, sometimes my walls are shaking a little bit.
So I knocked his door already two times during past 6 months to talk about the noise, vibrations, then he knew and acknowledged the issue and turned it off right away. Last time was around one month ago, so far, ok, but I don't know when it comes again...
My worry is what do I need to do if he does it again?
Do I need to continuously talk to him every time the woofer sound bothers me?
(I have not reported this problem to HOA yet, but do I need to?)
Do I have to move out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 05:36 PM

21,706 posts, read 31,377,949 times
If he hasn't done it again, then do nothing. Be appreciative they've been respectful. If the issue arises in the future, then maybe report it to your HOA. But for now, enjoy your peace and quiet!

Old 01-17-2016, 05:24 AM

2,712 posts, read 3,407,369 times
Could it be the unit is placed against the joining wall ???. If it happens again, ask to turn it down, and ask if the unit is at the joining wall, and if it is, maybe suggest they move it to an outside wall to help minimize the vibration

Old 01-17-2016, 08:21 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,433,591 times
IMO this is part of high density living, be it apartment, condo, or whatever. Unless it's a seriously repetitive problem, you both pay to live and enjoy yourselves there. Barring any specific HOA violations, it needs to be resolved between the two of you. It sounds like young people next door. If they're having people over and your knocking on his door @ 8pm on a Friday, you're going to embarrass them and potentially make the problem worse. If its 10pm on a wednesday thats different, but again choose your battles wisely.

I absolutely loathe the idea of having this "neighbor" and also of being that "neighbor". These are some of the many reasons I have little to no interest in the hip "urban" life. If i'm paying $300,000 for a place, you can bet your rear end I'm doing whatever the heck I want. That's why my place is on a multi acre lot I even shoot guns on my property, but do so infrequently to be a respectful neighbor--everyone else around here bought homes for privacey, peace and QUIET, too. But when we have parties, out come the DJ speakers and 100watt amplifiers until at least 11-midnight. Again, maybe twice a year and neighbors are of course invited (they're all much older and don't come, but it serves to alert them it's "party time")
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate