Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 03:18 PM

333 posts, read 1,063,885 times

Advertisements

Our house has been on the market since May of 2007...

We've had a TON of showings since the beginning of this year - but most are ending up going to foreclosures and new construction.

We had a showing on Saturday...
Their agent is asking ours if we'd be willing to close in 60 days. Their lease is up in August, but they'd break it. I told my agent that we'll close in SIX days if they want to! (ha ha)

By no means do we have a solid offer yet...but I'm crossing everything I can that this nightmare will end soon!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 03:36 PM

237 posts, read 967,790 times
Positive thoughts coming your way. I have had mine on since April and finally got a second showing on Monday but I have not heard back from them yet so please send positive thoughts my way as well. Thanks Mindy

Old 02-27-2008, 03:55 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,886,811 times
Good luck. Hope it all turns out for the best for you and a good offer does come your way.

BTW, Belize, huh? Is that where your relocating too?

Old 02-27-2008, 03:59 PM

66 posts, read 247,085 times
we've been up since July. Closing on our new house in Mid March so we're about to entire a whole new world of hurt.

We were hoping to price our house low and get it sold quickly but no deal. I think it's the nicest house in Middle Georgia for under 300K!

Old 02-27-2008, 05:04 PM

75 posts, read 352,165 times
Well + thoughts your way. I hope you get an offer!!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 06:50 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,023,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelizePlease View Post
Our house has been on the market since May of 2007...

We've had a TON of showings since the beginning of this year - but most are ending up going to foreclosures and new construction.

We had a showing on Saturday...
Their agent is asking ours if we'd be willing to close in 60 days. Their lease is up in August, but they'd break it. I told my agent that we'll close in SIX days if they want to! (ha ha)

By no means do we have a solid offer yet...but I'm crossing everything I can that this nightmare will end soon!!!
positive thoughts coming your way belize!!! good luck and keep us posted.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Good luck. Hope it all turns out for the best for you and a good offer does come your way.

BTW, Belize, huh? Is that where your relocating too?

I wish!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Belize. One of my favorite vacation stops. Have only been there for stops on cruises...would love to spend more time there!

Old 02-28-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatcat View Post
we've been up since July. Closing on our new house in Mid March so we're about to entire a whole new world of hurt.

We were hoping to price our house low and get it sold quickly but no deal. I think it's the nicest house in Middle Georgia for under 300K!
I've been in that whole new world of hurt since October. It's definitely NOT fun.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:16 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,023,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelizePlease View Post
I wish!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Belize. One of my favorite vacation stops. Have only been there for stops on cruises...would love to spend more time there!
Oh belize! what a beautiful picture. Just what I needed to cheer me up. This darn snow and cold weather i have here in mass is SO depressing.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
Oh belize! what a beautiful picture. Just what I needed to cheer me up. This darn snow and cold weather i have here in mass is SO depressing.
Yeah...we're having the worst winter in 9 years. I'm so sick of snow I could spit!! I'm convinced that the snow is so bad because I'm shoveling my driveway now instead of an association!!

Luckily...I'm cruising again in 22 days. It cannot come fast enough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate