Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 12:27 PM

29 posts, read 135,905 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
After attempting to find a realtor for quite some time now I met with one who seemed friendly on the phone. The agency's web site stated they buy homes for cash and that they do a low commission of 4% I put in a request to be contacted about a cash offer. A realtor came out to my house. We sat down as I discussed the possibilities of listing it. Before we even discussed the contract he put down 6% commission on the paperwork. By the time I read through all the closing costs, it ended up being $17,800 on a house that would be listed for $205,000. I talked the agent into a 4 month contract and 5% commission split and 4% in house. When it was time to sign the paperwork the agent tried to get me to sign with both 6% and 6 months until I spoke up. He played dumb and acted as though he forgot. He does not lievery well! After he left I felt as though he was a sneak and I do not want to work with such a person. He was supposed to come out to take pictures today. I had an important job interview at the last minute. I emailed the agency twice andphoned the agency office to cancel and once again had to speak to the obnoxious owner. The realtor never gave me his personal email or phone number and the office refused to do this also. I finally got so frustrated that I told the owner to forward me all the papers and let me out of the contract. Instead of the agency doing what I asked they had the realtor forward a copy of the contract. How do I get out of the contract without punishing myself? Wouldn't it be the best business practice for the owner? I did not cost them anything because they have not done anything yet. There are no pictures taken or MLS listings yet. I did attempt trying to put the house on the internet myself before trying to get an agent but ended up having to show my house to a lot of idiots who were not sure of what they wanted to buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 12:32 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,171,724 times
This thread would generate the most responses on the Real Estate forum. I'm going to move it over there.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:14 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
report this realtor/broker to the correct agency so their license can be revoked if it is all true. You can also report them to certain websites on which bad realtors are reported.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:04 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
You have a multitude of issues going on here. I think you should contact the state real estate agency and talk with them about the situation. Since nothing has been done, I'm surprised the broker just didn't release you right then.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:38 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,020,902 times
You also have a three day right of recission...in most states

Old 02-29-2008, 05:29 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,898,379 times
Call the county real estate association. They will assist you in getting the listing voided and can assist you with filing a written complaint if that needs to be done. There was nothing done that I can see that would get the person's license 'revoked'.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:38 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,781,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio M View Post
In Arizona there is no three day recision on real estate purchase contracts.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:27 AM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio M View Post
Never heard of a 3 day right of rescission for a real estate service contract.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:41 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
report this realtor/broker to the correct agency so their license can be revoked if it is all true. You can also report them to certain websites on which bad realtors are reported.
Do you think it is that easy to get someones license revoked?

The OP signed the listing agreement without coercion. What has the agent done to warrant a revokation of their license?

Old 02-29-2008, 10:44 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
Why did you sign the listing agreement if you felt like the agent was lying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate