Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 09:14 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,078,098 times

Advertisements

Yes, last agent of the three.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 09:40 AM

43,317 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Yes, last agent of the three.
Well, you must not have tipped her off to that, or if she was an old school closer, she would still be chained to your kitchen table leg.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 05-12-2017 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: "D

Old 05-12-2017, 10:02 AM

4,565 posts, read 10,662,183 times
Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Not really.

Typically, unless your in a hot market, your house will sell for what it is worth. And that will be based on comps. And the banks will run their own comps before they will issue a mortgage to the buyer.

If a realtor tells you the house is worth $300k but comps are $150k, its likely your house will sit on the market until you drop the price to $150k.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:48 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,078,098 times
Well it matters to me! Why do people assume you are trying to get double what the market will tolerate?

However, the first two realtors were a good ways apart in the pricing. One looked at every house in the zip code, while the higher one was comparing our specific type of house with the same type of house in our whole town.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:15 AM

43,317 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Well it matters to me! Why do people assume you are trying to get double what the market will tolerate?

However, the first two realtors were a good ways apart in the pricing. One looked at every house in the zip code, while the higher one was comparing our specific type of house with the same type of house in our whole town.
Well, I would have run her off as soon as she took her second breath to plow on about her firm's illustrious history.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:53 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,563,927 times
When I interview a agent I interview them to find out

What's their approach to help me make a educated decision on the pricing. Not give me a price but help me make the decision.
How they plan the approach for the sale of my house
How they are going to get the highest price possible. Doesn't have to be the highest bid. (Way I see it taking the highest bid is pointless if the buyer is going to fall out or be a dumbazz through the process ) I want the best price but I'll lose a few bucks to get a strong buyer over a high bidding weaker buyer.
What sales and advertizing tactics are they going to use to make my house appealing to buyers agents that will spread the word about the sake.
How is the advertizing and their process to gather bids
How are they going eliminate unqualified buyers from bidding and showing.
Their approach in advising me what to fix or do to make the house appealing.

If they can't answer these questions and their approach is I'll take pics with my cell, throw a half ass description of the property on MLS and wait for buyers you're most likely not going to sell my xx dollar properties. You're going to make money from the commission. If you're going to do a ****ty job I don't need to hire you.

Last edited by Electrician4you; 05-12-2017 at 12:16 PM..

Old 05-12-2017, 12:14 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,933,260 times
Quote:
Has this ever happened to you? It seemed strange to me...

We are preparing to list our home. We had three agents from top RE "teams" out to our house. The 3rd agent refused to discuss pricing at the initial meeting. She spent a lot of time talking about the history of her agency, how Zilliow is useless (agree), etc. but would not even ballpark price.

The other two agents were prepared with comps, market analysis, and numbers. They had laptops with them to be able to look up other properties on the fly.

To us, it seems the 3rd agent hadn't done her homework. Or is this normal?
I think you can answer that from your own experience 2/3 of the Realtors you met where better prepared. All she did was make your decision easier, don't waste any more time on her.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:23 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,634,671 times
Quote:
Has this ever happened to you? It seemed strange to me...

We are preparing to list our home. We had three agents from top RE "teams" out to our house. The 3rd agent refused to discuss pricing at the initial meeting. She spent a lot of time talking about the history of her agency, how Zilliow is useless (agree), etc. but would not even ballpark price.

The other two agents were prepared with comps, market analysis, and numbers. They had laptops with them to be able to look up other properties on the fly.

To us, it seems the 3rd agent hadn't done her homework. Or is this normal?
Sounds like agent #3 doesn't want the listing. If she couldn't be bothered to come with comps, market analysis, and numbers, then she didn't do her homework. I would NOT hire her. I'd use someone who did their homework prior to meeting with me.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:51 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,792,041 times
Realtors hate Zillow.

Someone I know recently listed their house as "Coming Soon" on Zillow. Next day found a note in mailbox, with offer to buy house before they list it...a good offer.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:04 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,743,389 times
When we interviewed our realtor she came with recent comps and current listings in the area. After looking at our home she then gave us an amount she suggested to list at. She said she did not put on paper beforehand because even though she knew the specifications of our home, she needed to actually see it in person before giving us a listing amount. She needed to see finishes, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate