Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 12:46 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,593,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Touring a house and seeing a cat lounging around would be a big turnoff to me.

Same with a parent whose kids were lounging around while the parent were at work.
We had two families tour our house while we were at work. So they had to do it while our chocolate lab was at home. And she was an inside dog that had the run of the house. Both families made an offer and one of them got the house. And our lab made a bunch of new friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 12:57 PM

19,650 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:

Same with a parent whose kids were lounging around while the parent were at work.
Why? People live in the house. Not sure what that has to do with the house itself. You might miss out being so picky/judgey.

Old 06-22-2017, 01:07 PM

4,314 posts, read 4,000,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Why? People live in the house. Not sure what that has to do with the house itself. You might miss out being so picky/judgey.

.........."People live in the house "......

Another poster who doesn't know the difference between people and animals .

Old 06-22-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
.........."People live in the house "......

Another poster who doesn't know the difference between people and animals .
Oh so by "kids" lounging around you mean baby goats? That might be a problem. Hopefully people live in the house with the goats.

Old 06-22-2017, 02:10 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,735,425 times
Quote:

You wouldn't have seen her. She hides. She would have been under a bed or the couch. Or if you interupted her nap, she would have been sleeping under the covers. If she was napping, you would have seen a cat sized lump.

People have lives. If they have a domestic pet, whatever. It won't bother me. If they have farm animals running around inside, I'd have some issues...

Old 06-22-2017, 02:48 PM

32,659 posts, read 48,079,532 times
Quote:
.......Same with a parent whose kids were lounging around while the parent were at work.
I know! Don't you hate it when sneaky parents try to trick you into buying their kids with the house. You'd think that if they wanted to get rid of their kids, they'd put them into a cardboard box in front of Walmart with the "free" sign on it instead of including them with the sale of the house.

"Too late, you already bought the house with the kids inside. You can't back out now."

I agree, to a point. Children can do things to sabotage a sale, so it is better to not leave them there unattended when potential buyers are looking at the house. (auto correct changed unattended to incarnadined; new word to me, I had to look up the definition. Now I know but doubt I will ever have a need to use it)

Old 06-22-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I know! Don't you hate it when sneaky parents try to trick you into buying their kids with the house. You'd think that if they wanted to get rid of their kids, they'd put them into a cardboard box in front of Walmart with the "free" sign on it instead of including them with the sale of the house.

"Too late, you already bought the house with the kids inside. You can't back out now."

I agree, to a point. Children can do things to sabotage a sale, so it is better to not leave them there unattended when potential buyers are looking at the house. (auto correct changed unattended to incarnadined; new word to me, I had to look up the definition. Now I know but doubt I will ever have a need to use it)
Teenagers- dirty underwear on the bedroom floor, weird smells in their rooms.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:18 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Nonsense. Who cares about the kids dirty underwear, or if they have a cat? It makes no difference to me at all.
All I care about is the age of the roof, the HVAC system and the basic structure. Do I need to redo the kitchen or bathrooms? Strewn the underwear all over, I don't care.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:41 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
A significant portion of the buying public does - one can argue whether it's a majority or not.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:54 AM

628 posts, read 286,626 times
Well then in a hot market, a significant portion of the buying public is going to lose out - many, many people who are selling their homes have pets and I can hardly believe everyone who has a cat or dog is able to cart them out of the house, along with all their paraphernalia, for every showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate