Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 10:43 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonahWicky View Post
People are very inconsiderate in general. Nothing outside their own existence has any meaning to them.
Repped for truth. By the way, I love the ops username. That is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 04:17 AM

1,112 posts, read 884,760 times
Once you put the house on the market...it is no longer your "home". It is a property for sale. Very gutwrenching having or wanting to go through the process of buying and selling. If they sit in the driveway they are sitting in front of a property that was vacant if people except for them and the realtor. Just be a little patient..perhaps just park on the street in front of the house or at the next door neighbors' and go into your house. Once they see you...they will likely leave. Of course you risk having the buyer start talking to you about your house. Better to avoid the contact. Wanna sell..gotta play nice.

Mae

Old 08-25-2017, 06:21 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
So, if they hadn't been the buyer of your house (and BTW relieving you of a big belonging that you no longer want) what would you do....turn a hose on them? Sheesh.
I know, right? 20 minutes of inconvenience for the potential to sell a $200,000+ item. How impatient some people are. Did OP even say anything?

Old 08-25-2017, 08:03 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
OP, how about you asked the buyer to move? They might not have had any idea they were blocking you or inconveniencing you.

People really get angry on this forum when selling their house....its like the buyers are not human like the rest of us.
Because the seller doesn't want to aggravate the buyer. Also, many buyers act like they are doing the seller a favor and can do whatever they want.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:04 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelfer View Post
I can't even begin to imagine the pain and torment you must have undergone for TWENTY WHOLE MINUTES while someone who is interested enough in buying your house to pay for an inspection just... sat there on the phone.

/end of shaking my head in disbelief at how completely detached from reality some people are/
They were probably wanting to come back home and they couldn't get in. Why do people think it's okay to completely disregard the seller's needs?

Old 08-25-2017, 08:50 AM

3,829 posts, read 6,733,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
They were probably wanting to come back home and they couldn't get in. Why do people think it's okay to completely disregard the seller's needs?
Maybe they had an emergency phone call? Most people are going to talk while driving. The fact that they were parked makes me think it was something important. In that case, I wouldn't be considering anyone else's needs, either.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:20 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
When you, the buyer, have been in my house all morning doing the inspection, and the realtor and the inspector have locked up and left, please don't sit in the driveway in your car on a 20 minute cell call. pull out and drive up the street if you must. /end of rant/
We just sold our home. I feel your pain. Our buyer sat by our pool smoking for 4 hours during all their "secondary" inspections.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:21 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
ONE TIME I HAD TO WAIT FOR AN ELEVATOR!!!!!!

~end of rant

Old 08-25-2017, 12:38 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,317,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
We just sold our home. I feel your pain. Our buyer sat by our pool smoking for 4 hours during all their "secondary" inspections.
That must have been a pain but on the other hand its a good sign. The buyer is imagining himself living there. So, they did buy it or are you still going through the process?

When we bought our home and got the keys during closing.. We arrived at the home to find the original owners just walking into 'our' new house. My husband and I sat in the driveway not knowing what to do.. Do we go in? Do we let them say 'goodbye'?

Now that I'm older and less patient, I'd go in and ask them to leave.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:40 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,317,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
When you, the buyer, have been in my house all morning doing the inspection, and the realtor and the inspector have locked up and left, please don't sit in the driveway in your car on a 20 minute cell call. pull out and drive up the street if you must. /end of rant/
duly noted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate