Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 07:23 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,457,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
Pack up day before. Go to a hotel. Tell the moving team to meet you the day after.
^^ This. It's not rocket surgery!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 08:24 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,095,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAgosto View Post
I have approx. 4,500 sq. ft. house so garage won't work. I can see them putting the stuff in the truck and parking it but then the truck is not usable. Unless they transfer from truck to a container but that seems like a PITA.

You may have to pay an additional charge for tying up the truck. I would expect my agent to help work this out. What if the sale of your house runs into an issue and gets held up for a few days? Will you have to hold up the purchase? I've had closings held up a couple times ( Remember the old FedEx ad 'When it absolutely positively has to make it over night'? Well it didn't)

Old 10-03-2018, 08:57 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,580,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
You may have to pay an additional charge for tying up the truck. I would expect my agent to help work this out. What if the sale of your house runs into an issue and gets held up for a few days? Will you have to hold up the purchase? I've had closings held up a couple times ( Remember the old FedEx ad 'When it absolutely positively has to make it over night'? Well it didn't)
They won't. It'll take all day to load the truck - hell, that's the part of moving that takes forever. They'll drive it over and unload it the next day.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:01 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
They won't. It'll take all day to load the truck - hell, that's the part of moving that takes forever. They'll drive it over and unload it the next day.
This. They will have a charge for the volume of the load, which for a big house is going to be more than 8 hours for the load unload.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:26 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,373,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAgosto View Post
I am in the process of moving to a new house that's approximately 15 minutes away. I have a 4 year old, a 1 year old, and a dog so moving logistics are important. I was renting a house before purchasing my current house so I was able to stay in my house an additional week to allow for small renovations and cleaning. The new house requires me to close on current and new house the same day so I am not quite sure of the process given all parties are allowed to do a walk through. Does this mean I need to be packed up the day before and leave the truck parked until the next day? In a perfect world, I would close on the new house a few days early to allow for small renovations/cleaning but that won't work because I need to sell of my current house to fund the new house. What are my options? Pack the truck and let it sit in a parking lot while I stay in a hotel?
Ask your real estate attorney. You do have one, don't you? If not, get one.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:32 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,580,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rummage View Post
Ask your real estate attorney. You do have one, don't you? If not, get one.
A RE Attorney is the wrong source of advice here.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:30 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,494,854 times
I did this once, many years ago. I was moving from a small 3/2 condo to a bigger 3/2 condo about 10 miles apart. My friends and I loaded up a u-haul the day before closing and drove it to the new place. The next morning I closed on the smaller condo that I was selling and then early afternoon I went to closing for the new condo. We moved the furniture into the new condo after closing. It all worked out! But the condos were not 4000 sq ft, probably half that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate