Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 10:44 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
You should pass that great advice on to two friends so they can tell two friends and so on and so on.

If you had waited you certainly would not have gotten as much as you did. Make sure you continue to follow up in that zip and see how low, low is really going to be. I can bet you the farm your final price will look like a dream wishing price in a few more months and you will be so glad you sold when you did.

I hope you never over paid on the new home, best of luck with that.
You are so right. We also took our first offer and took a loss in Feb but looking at what the homes in that area are at now we were darn lucky. We would never have been able to sell with the much lower prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 02:12 PM

517 posts, read 1,964,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
I hope you never over paid on the new home, best of luck with that.

The new home is new construction and, while we bought last July, the builder was having incredible incentives, which basically eases the pain of the current market (construction was completed and we closed 3 months ago).

Old 06-18-2008, 02:17 PM

517 posts, read 1,964,593 times
P.S. Since we bought the townhouse 6 years ago, we didn't have to take a loss (whew). However, if we had sold 2 years ago instead of now we would have had a major profit (but would have paid more for the new house!) I suppose it all worked out...... but I am certainly passing along the word.... now is not the time to haggle!! Also, I was addicted to those "staging" shows on HGTV (like "Get it Sold") and I think that really, really helped. Good luck out there if you're selling.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:21 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Take it and run...right now we would take an offer that was 8% off our asking price, gladly. people that have been looking at our place FOUR times are CASH. If they give us an offer, its theirs. No more messing around..house is only worth what someone will pay for it.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Take it and run...right now we would take an offer that was 8% off our asking price, gladly. people that have been looking at our place FOUR times are CASH. If they give us an offer, its theirs. No more messing around..house is only worth what someone will pay for it.
Four times they have looked at your home Barb? That sounds like you have a buyer and with cash wonderful. You are right when they make an offer (not if) take it and run.
Lorrie

Old 06-19-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Four times they have looked at your home Barb? That sounds like you have a buyer and with cash wonderful. You are right when they make an offer (not if) take it and run.
Lorrie

I hope you're right Lorrie...I am losing my mind..the phone rings and I jump out of my skin...I know our agent has been following up with theirs, and yes, when they present the offer we will take it. We need to move on like yesterday..how are you, getting settled??

Barb

Old 06-19-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I hope you're right Lorrie...I am losing my mind..the phone rings and I jump out of my skin...I know our agent has been following up with theirs, and yes, when they present the offer we will take it. We need to move on like yesterday..how are you, getting settled??

Barb

We are taking our time Barb and as I type this I am in GA. Went with Hubby on a business trip.
Good luck.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:13 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,810,102 times
Good luck Barb. We just had a 3rd time looker. It's between our house and another similar one, except the other one needs to be gutted and it's on a smaller lot. Ours is $35k more, in great condition, and better location. Crazy!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:28 PM

I am guessing I will have totally lost my mind by the time this is signed, sealed and delivered...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate