Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:15 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times

Advertisements

missnew2nc wrote:
I'm watching CNN and if they say one more thing about this recession I MIGHT GET SICK.
Doesn't your TV have an off button?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 10:00 PM

523 posts, read 1,417,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missnew2nc View Post
I am soooooo sick of hearing that we are in a recession. People are still buying and selling homes. When I think of recession I think of the homeless rate going up, people losing jobs and not being able to find new ones.

The media makes me sick. I'm watching CNN and if they say one more thing about this recession I MIGHT GET SICK.
This has got to be the most retarded post I've ever read.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:17 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,208,312 times
i am just trying to understand what is so bad about a recession? when last did you hear about someone who saved up to buy something? all this instant gratification makes me sick! it mocks the endeavours of the working man. this recession is going to be long, hard and just what the doctor ordered!

i watched bernanke fielding questions from the joint financial sub committee over the whole bear stearns fiasco. one of the congressman spoke about his constituents not having money to buy gas for their cars. he then went on to say how that was affecting the fast food outlets in his area! like the world had just come to an end!

the reality is that a high percentage of the population on this planet don't have food, clean water or electricity! the bicycle that lies rusty in his voters back yards would be a god send for most!

maybe his constituents should start riding it to collect their fast food, while getting some exercise and reducing the burden on the tax payer for their inevitable obesity medication! while they are at it, a sprinkling of appreciation for the fact that they live in the west and have electricity, food, access to healthcare, education etc etc would go down much better than bitching to dr phil about what they don't have!

we are so spoiled that any minor inconvenience is blown totally out of proportion!

i for one am so happy that the word apprecitaion is going to make its way back into the dictionary, hopefully the word waste will be left out!

Old 04-27-2008, 08:38 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,510,291 times
Default menial

Quote:
Originally Posted by missnew2nc View Post
I am soooooo sick of hearing that we are in a recession. People are still buying and selling homes. When I think of recession I think of the homeless rate going up, people losing jobs and not being able to find new ones.

The media makes me sick. I'm watching CNN and if they say one more thing about this recession I MIGHT GET SICK.
Actually I get excited by bad new reports. I was one of the smart one that sat out of the "boom" and was waiting for this to happen. There will be opportunity for those of use that were good and didn't spend ourselves into oblivion. Especially the ones with cash and a long term view of real estate. As for homeless to be honest maybe some people will become homeless but I think the majority will find rental and some will get on section 8 to get a helping hand. As for jobs well some people unfortunately will have to go on 1. Unemployment 2. Collect welfare (hopefully for the short term) 3. Good on food stamps. Of course there will be some people out there that will have to get use to the idea of working a McJob for a while. Look there are always jobs. It's just that a lot of folk aren't will to "lower" themselves to work a menial job.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:14 AM

173 posts, read 939,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo_1979 View Post
This has got to be the most retarded post I've ever read.

Why respond if you think it's so retarded?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate