Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 07:02 AM

2,373 posts, read 1,921,122 times

Advertisements

About the roof. A roof inspection is a nice start. But only a start. It's nothing if it's not insurable. So the next step is contacting the insurance agent. Be clear on how much longer he/she will be able to insure it. There's a whole age thing, however good or bad it looks now. Then consider if the insurance company's rule of thumb for how long they can insure your roof works for you. Where I am and in talking with friends I discovered the 30 year old roof would be past insurability. A few years past. Our roofs were great but there is a rule of thumb they won't go past. That's the thing about insurance. They are careful. (That said, another friend says his agent will go longer.)

We weren't going for a loan when we discovered this. Actually, just chatting with our insurance agent.

You might consider, since asking if free, ask your insurance agent you would use what is rule of thumb is. If it's good for you, pay for the guy to go up on the roof and do his inspection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 10:10 AM

949 posts, read 574,438 times
I am using the same agent that sold me my place in 1997 to sell it again in 2019 because of his attention to detail.
A great attribute of a realtor will be to guide you through what needs to be done minimally to get a sale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate