Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 07:41 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remy247 View Post
I am looking to install a fence in the rear of my townhome property. My HOA is requesting a true plot plan/sketch. Where can get I a formal sketch to send to my HOA? Also, can anyone recommend a fencing company in the Durham, NC area?

Thanks

Ask your closing attorney and your buyers agent if either retained a copy of your survey.
Did you buy new construction through a builder? They should have surveyed your finished product, and may have a copy.

You will get a fencing contractor recommendation if you post a request in the Raleigh-Durham forum.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/rale...pel-hill-cary/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 11:05 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,973,235 times
You might even have rebar stakes at the corners of the lot, sometimes they are hidden in the grass.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:51 AM

5,114 posts, read 6,095,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
You might even have rebar stakes at the corners of the lot, sometimes they are hidden in the grass.

That doesn't help with providing a plat to the HOA. I'm surprised the HOA doesn't have a plat for the whole development. There should be one at wherever the subdivision of the property was recorded.

If you can find the corners will they accept a drawn sketch, maybe on graph paper with measurements?

Old 05-12-2020, 01:21 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,673,166 times
Google Maps and real estate sites like Zillow show plot info. It's not going to be super accurate but it looks professional enough to give the HOA the idea. The worst that can happen is that it gets rejected and you have to resubmit it.

Old 05-12-2020, 02:18 PM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
That doesn't help with providing a plat to the HOA. I'm surprised the HOA doesn't have a plat for the whole development. There should be one at wherever the subdivision of the property was recorded.

If you can find the corners will they accept a drawn sketch, maybe on graph paper with measurements?

A plat will show land, but probably won't include structure. OP needs a survey.

Old 05-12-2020, 04:59 PM

9,361 posts, read 14,111,535 times
Surveys are cheap for the value they give. Have the yard surveyed and the lot lines flagged with little landscape flags while you are at it. Make sure the HOA has the same idea of fence type and height that you need.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:12 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,973,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post

Would be a good starting point for those unable to look in the assessor data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate