Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:25 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natava View Post
Seriously? I want to believe you because my appliances are all bisque. But I've received feedback from realtors that most everyone prefers stainless. They're high-end appliances and we won't replace them to sell the house. I hope you're right about bisque though....

A lot of new construction we walked used Biqsue or stainless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainlvr View Post
I am also concerned with creating additional waste for landfills, but if you already had granite, why get rid of it? Once it's in, the damage is done. Or was it a new build and they were able to use it in another home? I don't particularly care for granite either. Recycled materials are actually pretty nice looking! It really is too bad that in many areas "green" materials are cost-prohibitive.
It was a house someone backed out on that wasn't started yet. We saw what they put in it and took some stuff off, asked them to lower the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Decompose into what??? It is already at its most base level. Decomposition means dissolving into its base components. Granite is already there. It's not made of anything other than itself. You're asking the equivalent to having the rocky mountains decompose. What will sand decompose to?
So, what would you do with a mountain of granite counter tops that are now out of style and in the landfill because it's not in vogue? Glue it back on the mountain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 06:39 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
There are many options for countertops made from recycled materials...glass, concrete, paper, aluminum. I saw some made from recycled glass and they were beautiful. With the "going green" thing this might be the way to go.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:41 PM

17,424 posts, read 14,650,567 times
The bisque becoming more "in" comments are interesting ... the last time I was at our local appliance store I asked if things still came in bisque and was told that many manufacturers were phasing it out.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:47 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
HA! I love that stupid show. My favorite part (seriously) is when the realtor has the buyers show HER their all time favorite neighborhood and they go on to talk about what they want in their home and how much they want to live in that neighborhood UNTIL the realtor tells the buyers what the average home prices are for THAT neighborhood and what they could possibly get in their price range. the look on the buyers faces is priceless! everytime.

That is the one show I love on hgtv. She is a great realtor at least it appears she is. She comes across feeling for her clients. The one show That I felt sorry for her was when she found a house for a guy and he then made the offer himself. The look on her face when he told her what he did made me want to slap him. Didn't he realize that she was the one that showed him the home.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:24 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,022,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
That is the one show I love on hgtv. She is a great realtor at least it appears she is. She comes across feeling for her clients. The one show That I felt sorry for her was when she found a house for a guy and he then made the offer himself. The look on her face when he told her what he did made me want to slap him. Didn't he realize that she was the one that showed him the home.
Oh I can't believe I missed that episode. What I like about her is the way she talks about each property. It has the basics, all the bedrooms they're looking for and a nice floor plan they really want. Of course then the camera goes inside and the couple is completely OVERLOOKING these features and are stuck on the fact that there's an electric stove instead of a gas one or GASP there's wallpaper. She's really great at helping the buyers get over those things and focus on the structure/bones of the house (the things you CAN'T change).

Old 05-01-2008, 02:24 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,984,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I saw some made from recycled glass and they were beautiful. With the "going green" thing this might be the way to go.

If I liked the way they looked and they were easy to maintain..I would go for that.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:46 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
Oh I can't believe I missed that episode. What I like about her is the way she talks about each property. It has the basics, all the bedrooms they're looking for and a nice floor plan they really want. Of course then the camera goes inside and the couple is completely OVERLOOKING these features and are stuck on the fact that there's an electric stove instead of a gas one or GASP there's wallpaper. She's really great at helping the buyers get over those things and focus on the structure/bones of the house (the things you CAN'T change).

I wonder if she is one of a kind. We never had a realtor like her and believe me she would have saved us from so many mistakes. We did have one close to her who on the day we listed a home several years ago she told us we had two offers but over my objections she waited three more days for 4 more offers. She is the one who also when we put that home on the market noticed every scratch and ding and said this HAS to be fixed before I show it to anyone. Very picky but with her years of being a broker we listened.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:24 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times
Yeah I've been enjoying the property virgins show also. It's one show that seems somewhat realistic.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:29 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Bisque seems to be the new designer color and what we wanted.
That's pretty funny. 5 years ago when we built our house we got all Bisque colored appliances because we thought they looked nice. We had a little trouble finding the microwave that color at the time though. I imagine because it's starting to become the "in" thing (this is the first time I've heard that it's the new thing) that it will be a little more readily available.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:42 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,984,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I wonder if she is one of a kind. We never had a realtor like her and believe me she would have saved us from so many mistakes.
This may have been said already...but she was also on Buy Me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate