Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:41 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I find it very,very hard to believe you purchased all that for $20,000.
No one else could either but I was lucky in that at least a couple of people had tried to buy it before me but they had tried to get loans. Lucky for me the banks were unable to verify a septic system. I had taken the time to wade into the tall weeds that had grown up around the house and had found the pvc clean-out ports for the septic system so I knew it had one. I later met the original owner who showed me the specific location of septic system he had had installed and had certified by the County. He was also the one who installed the new metal roof just before he sold the property to the guy who had let it go back to the bank. The guy who let it go to foreclosure only owned the house for a couple of years.

Anyway, the bank eventually lower the price to over half of their initial asking price and that's when I jumped in and made a cash offer. Unfortunately the house is a mile off pavement but a 4x4 easily solved that problem in bad weather. The old house needed a lot of work inside but after a couple of months of cleaning and other work inside, I sit here in front of my computer writing this message. A little tractor work and tree-trimming outside and, from a distance, the place now could be mistaken for a small showplace. I had been looking for a place for my antique car and tractors when I came across this one. The large barn is the old quonset, full metal style but it was still in great shape and appears to have a 12" concrete slab under it. The barn is directly behind the house in this photo.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 03:53 PM

363 posts, read 1,043,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Why aren't inestors buying up that cheap desert land?

Cuz it ain't worth nothing today and never will.
Exactly. Cheapest land I personally know of is in Wyoming close to Rawlins. Akali windswept wasteland with little or no water. No possibility of farming, unless of course you find water at less than 600ft. In most areas of that state, it takes over a hundred acres to raise an single cow and calf.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:09 PM

6 posts, read 17,935 times
Default Not selling land

Sorry, i am not selling land now. I have moved on to plants, palms, and trees. Especially fruit trees. Hope to be in Zavalla soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleybill View Post
Fairly cheap would be, i think, around $400.00 to $500.00 dollars an acre. That is what i sell it for.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:29 AM

2 posts, read 4,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fundude85 View Post
land in western washington (douglas county) is available for $2000/acre. Some land in washington can be had for as little as $1000 per acre. Used timber on the penninsula (logged) can be had for $500 per acre on occasion.
more info plz i want and a prepaired to buy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-02-2012, 01:44 AM

2 posts, read 4,001 times
ya i'm interested

Old 02-12-2014, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,326 times
Default scams on ebay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
Try Ebay. I bought 5 acres in West Texas for about 1,000. Taxes are about 25.00/yr.

what are scams i have to look out for on ebay to make sure I am actually buying the property and not a lease/tax certificate or something along those lines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate