Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 10:54 AM

12,842 posts, read 9,573,647 times

Advertisements

I hope everything is documented. Good luck to you and I do feel for you. Just disgusted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
A lot of things in real estate (and life in general I suppose) are "Know when to hold em, know when to fold em." You may be better off chalking it up as a lesson learned, try to move forward and enjoy the new house. In a different thread someone put it well, something like "How much time, energy, and money are you willing to shell out to be right?" As others have said once you sign the closing docs it will probably be much more difficult to make your case.

It can be very frustrating. You don't want to feel screwed over and let people get away with shady practices. I'm not saying you shouldn't pursue it. Just make sure your decisions are relying on logic and not emotions. Talk to an attorney and go from there.
Great advice. I was the kind of guy who would spend three days going after a merchant who did me wrong, no matter how small the dollar amount was. Now, I give them a certain amount of time and number of chances to fix things. If they don't, I go to Yelp and the BBB

Old 04-12-2021, 11:12 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,430,859 times
Why were you contacting the seller's agent and not your agent? That's what you pay them for.

As others have said, you should not have closed if they weren't done. You may just be out of luck. Contact your agent for help.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:51 PM

6,480 posts, read 10,353,739 times
At this point, the OP needs to speak with a Real Estate attorney and not their agent. A seller's agent is not qualified to offer advice in this situation. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:26 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Great advice. I was the kind of guy who would spend three days going after a merchant who did me wrong, no matter how small the dollar amount was. Now, I give them a certain amount of time and number of chances to fix things. If they don't, I go to Yelp and the BBB
The BBB is a USELESS marketing company.

They can do nothing and hold no weight.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:30 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Always ask for money in lieu of Repairs. Whole lot easier.

That way you can pick who does the work and verify.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:00 PM

3,135 posts, read 2,259,211 times
All of this reminds me of why, many many years ago, I adopted the mindset that I trust no one in any business transaction that is not legally representing MY interests. Cheat me once, no one has ever done it since because I trust no one from the “other side”. People think I’m difficult, hard nosed, and a few other names I cannot mention here, but they will not cheat me. I have walked away from transactions several times when it was apparent I was being set up, lied to, and taken advantage of and won’t hesitate to do it again.

Old 04-13-2021, 06:04 AM

43,296 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
The BBB is a USELESS marketing company.

They can do nothing and hold no weight.

Yelp and BBB are revenge outlets. Stain a company with little risk of blowback.
Wallow in pique.

But, in terms of getting any remedy to issues? Yeah, waste of time.

Old 04-13-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Yelp and BBB are revenge outlets. Stain a company with little risk of blowback.
Wallow in pique.

But, in terms of getting any remedy to issues? Yeah, waste of time.
I've used twitter as well. I've absolutely gotten refunds and apologies from social media posts. And it usually takes ten minutes to post. Much better than sitting on hold with their respective customer services for hours.

Old 04-13-2021, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
All of this reminds me of why, many many years ago, I adopted the mindset that I trust no one in any business transaction that is not legally representing MY interests. Cheat me once, no one has ever done it since because I trust no one from the “other side”. People think I’m difficult, hard nosed, and a few other names I cannot mention here, but they will not cheat me. I have walked away from transactions several times when it was apparent I was being set up, lied to, and taken advantage of and won’t hesitate to do it again.
Right on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate